Post a new topic
    1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 19, 2008 1:44 PM by golfheaven

Bar Resturaunt start up

newventure Newbie
      Looking for any interested investors. I know I am jumping the gun but I am curious how many would be interested in investing in bar rest. business. It would be new start up. From 16 to 19 years of age I worked as a cook. Thats the most experience I have in business. I am currently a business owner in property maintenance business since 2001. I have 7 employees in summer and have approx 23 to 28 in winter for plowing business. I am not out in the field much any more other than p.r. Looking to start another venture. No business plan in place yet. Have my eye on rest bar that I believe is ready to turn the key. Nice place and was updated. It is currently vacant and on the market. It is over priced but has been on the market for a couple years. They are asking $900,000. Again I think its over priced but they have to be ready for some offers. This place has done very well in the past. Looking for ideas and questions. Need as many business minds involved as possible.
        • Re: Bar Resturaunt start up
          golfheaven Adventurer
          • Hope this helps
          • Most entrepreneurs in the region are untrained in how to identify and approach investors, how to credibly present their opportunities to investors, and how to make their companies attractive from an investment perspective.
          • Much of the investment community is disengaged from entrepreneurs. They do not make themselves available to coach and teach entrepreneurs how to make their opportunities more financially attractive.
          • Most "professional networking" meetings are attended neither by investors nor by executives of emerging high-growth companies. The mass of service providers and salesmen have scared them off.
          • The few consultants who are competent to advise companies are prohibitively expensive.
          • Most "professional networking" meetings are located in the parts of Atlanta to which are the least convenient for most investors to travel.
          • Almost none of the institutional investment community in Atlanta is willing to tolerate the risk associated with what used to be called true capital opportunities.
          • Unscrupulous members of the business community attempt to monetize their rolodexes by promising introductions to potential "investors" in exchange for buying their professional services or for paying thousands of dollars to deliver presentations ("pay-to-pitch") to rooms of strangers. Others act as amateur brokers, seeking finder's fees for early-stage investments that result from their introductions. All of these forces create friction in the early-stage market that prevents capital from locating investment opportunities.
          • Successful entrepreneurs who achieve a successful high-value exit for their companies frequently withdraw from the entrepreneurial community, often because they realize that they lack the skill and experience to invest in other, emerging companies to give someone else the chance that someone years ago gave them.