Post a new topic
    15 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2008 6:00 PM by intechspecial

Repitive Posters

intechspecial Ranger
      Does it irritate you when you go online and you have found the same guy has posted to 4,264 threads in the past 12 hours?

Do you feel disgusted when someone tries to be funny and you are trying to start a serious discussion.

Feedback please.
        • Re: Repitive Posters
          Iwrite Pioneer
          Do I get irritated? No, but I don't wonder what people are thinking with the multiple posts of the same messages.

I am never "all business" or "serous" the entire time, so I do understand when people inject humor. I think they do it because it feels sometimes that people take themselves way too serious. Yes, we are trying to make a living and all of that but what type of life is it without the laughter and fun? I think being too serious and too detached is a bigger problem. I enjoy working with passionate and emotional people. But that is me. I try not to make others be more like me, I try to accept them for who they are because I want them to accept me for who I am. Business should not have to be serious or solemn, that is a choice people make. I choose to have fun while I work.

I guess my answer to the second question is no.
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
              DomainDiva Ranger
              Sometimes it gets wordy and blah and blah, but the ones that frost me are the arrogant, egocentric posters that show up and try to show off their great hoard of what-ever-it-is-they-think-they-know and blast other members of the forum if they do not understand some esoteric off-world post they wrote.

People that do all the multiple postings are trying to get as much attention in as little time as possible while not realizing that all they are doing is making people crazy. It's frustrating to open the forum and see the entire first page witih the same post in all the categories. It makes it hard on the rest of us trying to get to a topic we can respond to.
                  intechspecial Ranger
                  DomainDiva -

I will have to admit I have at times tried to offer these types of postings.

It really is difficult to keep up when you are dealing with others that have a full time job committed to posting on this community.

My intentions are to try and offer assistance, but not all of my responses are an indepth detailed response, sometimes I just offer a generic response.

I also understand that this seems insincere, which it is not.

Thanks everyone for your feedback.
                      DomainDiva Ranger
                      InTech I really don't recall any of your posts being ego centric (if this is what you are referring to); and I sure have not seen you post one post in all the categories!!!!

I would not call 'techincal' off world or arrogant either! :)

DD
                        Iwrite Pioneer
                        Intechspecial,

For me, if the best answer is for me to see a professional then that is the answer I need to hear. I think sometimes just getting a response helps as much as some of the suggestions that others offer. It is good to know that we are not in this alone.

I only have a problem with those who try to tell individuals who can and cannot respond to their posts.

I'm not here to impress people with my knowledge or experience. I have learned so much here but I am worried that folks are not getting all they can from here because they are only here for one thing.

I agree that keeping up with the posts here are hard. But I enjoy your responses, along with DomainDiva, Luckiest, Lighthouse and others.
                            GrowthCurve Adventurer

What's weird to me is when someone starts a thread and then replies to it using another user name, all in an effort to get more points by awarding them to themselves.

You know who you are, and you've tripped up at least once where you forgot to change your login...

I just don't get it.

Iwrite Pioneer
                                What?!! You've got to be joking!

Do we get prizes for these points or something?! That's way too much energy!

Wow.
                                    GrowthCurve Adventurer
                                    I've seen it on other sites, too. (Not the same people, but the same concept...fake posts for more points.)

I guess some people just like to be able to tell others, "I'm the #1 rated participant on Forum XYZ."

Maybe they use it in their own marketing or something. I don't know.
                                        intechspecial Ranger
                                        And does this rating of being number 1 really do anything for your business?

I wouldn't mind hearing feedback on this.
                                            blitzlocal Adventurer
                                            intechspecial: To your question, making #1 on this forum doesn't have any correlation with knowledge, skill, or credibility.
                                            What's to stop someone from just creating 5,000 posts all with just a single word in them?
                                            Have you see the forums where folks "count off"? Someone says "1", and then folks follow with "2", "3" and so forth.
                                            I've seen forums where folks get to 10,000 or higher in a thread. Then they count by twos, to make it interesting.

Is there a moderator on this forum that will SUBTRACT points for people who clearly are just posting for posting's sake?
                                            I can understand a short answer, an inflammatory answer, or even something we don't agree with-- not the same thing.

If it's 5 points for "any" post on this forum, then you really can be on the leaderboard in a few hours of nonsense posts.
                                            I am here to relax, help out folks where I can, and also build a solid reputation here as a knowledgeable internet marketer.

Dennis
                                            Analyst, BlitzLocal.com
                                            internet marketing for local business
                                          blitzlocal Adventurer
                                          Iwrite-- it's amazing how people will do things for points sake alone.
                                          Last I heard, there was no prize from Bank of America for being on the leaderboard--
                                          except sheer personal satisfaction. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, LOL.

Dennis
                                              intechspecial Ranger

Yes BlitzLocal this is true, and if I might point something out, you are doing this to an extremley inappropriate level on this paticular thread.

You have now posted a total of 2 time on this forum, and this is unacceptable.

Here are some stats for all that are concerned in regards to this paticular thread:

Iwrite: Posted 3 Times

DomainDiva: Posted 2 Times

BlitzLocal: Posted 2 Times

NoBullFunding and GrowthCurve as well as myself are the only ones that posted appropriately.

I started this thread so I may post 10 times to everyone elses one post, you can clearly read this in the small print when you signed up to be a part of this community.

BlitzLocal - I demand you post appropriately!

NOW!
                                                GrowthCurve Adventurer
                                                "Last I heard, there was no prize from Bank of America for being on the leaderboard--
                                                except sheer personal satisfaction. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, LOL."

You mean you didn't get your Ferrari? We all got ours...
                                                    intechspecial Ranger

There is most certainly a prize for being on the leader board.

I get the satisfaction of knowing that every time I login to this community, I am one of the best.

Best at what, you might ask?

I am one of the best at being so unsuccesful at my business that I have enought time to post innate and pointless views on this forum if only to see how intelligent and well thought out I am. The competition will of course point out how terrible my posts are, and even go to the extreme of creating new screen names if only for the point of harassing the leader board competition.

I am most certainly one of the best on the leader board.

Even if my views are correct, I must concede to the viewpoint of the other leaders on this board, that I am just a fool. This allows me to stay on this board.

Needless to say, I am one of the best of this community, and even if I am just a fool, it really is not relevant.

Heck I have even heard there is a "petition" going around to try to get innate posters removed.

How foolish is this?

If we spent more time working on our business, rather then letting this community know how great and wise we are, we might all be successful?

But that just does not make sense does it?
                                      NoBullFunding Scout
                                      There was a post about this a while back in Communtity Feedback by Milleisen called "Posting for the sake of posting".

The way I see it, there are two types of repetitive posters:

1) The person who posts the same generic answers over and over that really don't answer the question at hand, but instead either cut and paste definitions of terms contained in the original question, or say something like "Good question, this is the time to ask a professional". If you don't have any helpful knowledge, do us all a favor by not posting Alas, this type of poster likes to see the points alongside the avatar, so it most likely will continue. And I do admit that there are times to ask a professional, like with a very specific tax matter, but for most questions that are posed there are better (and more constructive) answers.

2) The Spammer who stumbles on to the forum and says they are an investor/lender and can lend any amount to anyone on any terms.

Regardless of which of the above they are, YES, they are quite annoying.
                                      1 of 1 people found this helpful