Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2008 2:56 PM by ACDesign_08

Retail Investors Wanted!

ACDesign_08 Newbie

Hello. My name is Amanda Cantrell and I am in the beginning stages of starting my own clothing line! The name of my line is called, Amanda Cantrell Design. I am currently having all samples made from illustrations of what I believe to be garments that make young women love their bodies (no matter the size), the line is for working women that are professional but don't want to throw on the tradional work wear, and loves to be the center of attention using her elegance & fun personality! Once the samples are made, the manufacturer will produce mass quantities to be sold in stores and hopefully (fingers crossed) HSN or QVC I have been designing since the age of 17yrs old and I love fashion!I love the feminine silhouettes of the 1950's but with the elegant added sex appeal. I love soft luxury fabrics in sultry hues.

I would love to partner with investors that share the same love of FASHION a much as I do. I want an investor that see the future and believes in my line. I might sound pretty cocky in what I want in an investor but I don't believe desperation it very appealing. Currently the garment samples are being produced, the business plan is wrapping up, and I have numerous illustrations for an investor that is seriuosly interested.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Amanda Cantrell,
        • Re: Retail Investors Wanted!
          Fortis Wayfarer
          Hello Amanda and welcome!

Sounds like you have a really great design and I can tell you have passion for what you do. Tell us a bit more about the business side. Your obviously starting up and the business plan is almost ready. Do you have a location? Website? How much are you seeking?

Thanks

Collin
          Fortis Capital
          cobringer@gofortis.com
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: Retail Investors Wanted!
              ACDesign_08 Newbie

Hello Collin and thanks for the reply,

I am currently operating from a free website account. To view my website and preview some of the collection I am having contructed now the web address is:

http://www.freewebs.com/acdesign_08/

As far as location is concerned, I am operating from home. I am a junior in college and having an actual location for my business is not financially possible right now. The garments are being constructed in Savannah,GA. The only way I am financing my line right now is out of my own personal pocket. I work part-time (minium wage) while in school so its been extremely hard to make this happen. I have a timeline/game plan of what exactly I need to do starting out and the investment I woulr require would intially be $5,000.00 which would cover:

1) Cost of having the samples made: Fabric, Labor, Shipping
              2) Producing the Garment Label & Hangtags
              3) Garments modeled & photographed

After those steps are completed, then I would obtain a manufacturer who could replicated my designs based off of the samples that had been made. Once a manufacturer is secured, the phase of Marketing begins. Thats when I would pitch my line to HSN, QVC, and Boutiques in the US that would carry my line in stores. Once they enter into contract with me, I would order the amount to be produced for sale. To secure a manufacturer that amount of investment needed then would depend upon which manufacturer I would work with.