Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2008 8:38 AM by truckmechanic

Looking for start up money for new trucking company

truckmechanic Newbie
      Hello,
      My name is Scott. My wife and I are wanting to start a trucking company. The name is S&K Trucking. We are located in Rock Hill,SC. I am a heavy truck mechanic and also a driver. We have a federal ID #. We have found used trucks in very good shape to get us started. We have drivers willing to start with us. We have multiple contacts on freight. I have been in the trucking industry for 22 years and know it very well. We have excellent credit. We would like any information on getting capital to help get things started.
      Thank you
      Scott Molter
      scottmolter@gmail.com
      803-524-6820
        • Re: Looking for start up money for new trucking company
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Looking for start up money for new trucking company

Welcome SCOTT. Thanks for sharing so much. How soon do you plan on starting S & K Trucking??

Have you developed a Business Plan?? Do you know about SCORE?? SCORE is FREE.

How much capital are you looking for?? and For how Long??

Good luck, LUCKIEST

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: Looking for start up money for new trucking company
              truckmechanic Newbie
              Luckiest,
              Thank you so much for your reply. We would like to be running by the end of the year. No I do not have a business plan. I have just learned of SCORE within the last few days and I am trying to learn more. As far as the capital amount we are still getting all the numbers together. I am still gathering information on tags, permits, insurance. A rough guess on capital is $100,000 to $200,000. 5+ years. Is SCORE a part of the SBA? With all the banking turmoil going on right, is there even anybody willing to help us with are venture?
              Thanks,
              Scott