Post a new topic
    16 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2008 11:21 AM by intechspecial

Funding: How to? Can anyone help start a small business?

12StrikeProd Newbie
      Good afternoon everyone...

I'm in the process of starting a small business which will provide direction and consultation in poker and bowling tournaments. In most instances, these tournaments will be for charities and/or benefit non-profit organizations. My first event is less than a month away and I've got most things covered, but am in need of some equipment before then. My business name is registered with the city that I live in, permits have been acquired, and most of my ducks are in a row.

The issue? I've been out of work for four months, and in that time I've thought about this company and what I would like to do with it. While out of work, I've become dangerously low on funds, and my credit isn't stellar to say the least. That is why I am coming here. In no way, shape, or form am I in need of hundreds of thousands of dollars in funding. I feel that my business would definitely get off of the ground with $5k, possibly less than that.

Does anyone here know of any solutions that I can look into? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.