Post a new topic
    8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2009 12:50 PM by javabiz

Quickbooks, Does it suit your Accounting needs?

boltonmg Newbie
      So I have found that there are a lot of frustrated consumers using the quickbooks products. What are your pet peeves and are you looking for solutions? If so what avenue are you taking to do so.
        • Re: Quickbooks, Does it suit your Accounting needs?
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Quickbooks, Does it suit your Accounting needs?? Yes it does

Welcome Kahala, I love Quickbooks. Use it all the time.

Even give FREE SCORE Seminars about the use of Q B.

LUCKIEST
            Santa Fe CPA Adventurer
            When used correctly, QuickBooks is an excellent small business accounting system. It does have limitations though, e.g. no more than 20 employees, revenues under $2 million, limited inventory. Exceeding these you should move up to a more powerful program.
            The major problem is that the program is not used correctly. The business owner or bookkeeper does not take the time to learn the program because of its advertised simplicity. "If you can write a check, you can use QuickBooks." A very misleading statement..
            I use it in my own practice and 80% of my clients use Quickbooks. The client base is a wide variety of businesses.

I am a Certified QuickBooks Professional Advisor and each the correct way to use the program to several hundred small business enterprises.
              A_Ellicott Adventurer
              Quickbooks is one of the most aggravating pieces of software ever invented. One of the most annoying things is the way the program is constantly shoving additional services at me that I neither want nor need. All these extra features mean that when you start it, the bloated software takes forever to get started.

Intuit periodically forces you to upgrade to a newer version. Guess what? There is absolutely no discount for upgrading. That means a loyal customer that has been using it for a decade pays the same as a brand new customer. You've heard of rewarding customer loyalty? Quickbooks turns that around and screws its loyal customers.

Customer support is nonexistent unless you want to pay a bundle for it. If the software I paid for isn't working properly why should I have to pay to tell Quickbooks about it?

When I tried to balance my checking account for January, 2008 in Quickbooks. The beginning balance was wrong. I have no idea why. Everything balanced fine in December, 2007. I know the balance in Quickbooks is wrong, but I can't find any way to fix it. I've spent several hours trying but it will not let me fix it. So here it is October and I still haven't been able to balance my checking account. I thought it was supposed to automate my bookeeping and make things easier?
              1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  Santa Fe CPA Adventurer
                  Mr/Ms Elliicott,

I suggest that you undo the November and December 2007 reconciliations and re-run them. Look for transactions that may have been entered into the data file after the the prior reconcilation had been completed. There may have been bank fees or earnings that posted to t4eh accoun without entereing ito the QB file.
                  Is your system been set up for on-line banking with down load capability? This will be a significant aid in maintianing the account balances.

You can turn off teh QB pop-ups that are bothering you, look for the little election box in a coprner of teh scree.

Good Luck
                  Richard Roibinson, CPA
                    LUCKIEST Guide
                    A Ellicott. I am a Quickbooks Consultant and I would be happy (for FREE) to help you balance and reconcile your
                    check book before the end of the year.

"When I tried to balance my checking account for January, 2008 in
                    Quickbooks. The beginning balance was wrong.
                    Everything balanced fine in December, 2007. I know the balance in
                    Quickbooks is wrong, but I can't find any way to fix it. I've spent
                    several hours trying but it will not let me fix it. So here it is
                    October and I still haven't been able to balance my checking account. I
                    thought it was supposed to automate my bookkeeping and make things
                    easier?

You can contact me at " pdeig@juno.com " and please include a phone number.

LUCKIEST
                    fundamentals Wayfarer

I have been using QuickBooks for a number of years, and have not experienced a lot of difficulty with the program. It is not as simple as writing a check and does require some fundamental understanding of accounting/bookkeeping. I recommend it for all my clients and advise them how to maximize all the features available with the program.
                      intechspecial Ranger

Quickbooks does work to simplify the process.

It will at least a minimal amount of effort to learn how it works.

There are different versons as well, and for someone new to business the basic or standard edition would work nicely.

javabiz Newbie
                        I have found that QuickBooks is effective. However, as a small business owner, I needed more than just pages of reports, so I searched for a solution. Now I use QuickBooks and the add on Qvinci to help manage my business. That is what has worked for me.