Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2008 10:50 AM by libtax

Is now the right time to start a business?

NoBullFunding Scout
      With loans becoming far and few between and the economy in the tank, has anyone put off starting a business for the time being? If not, why do you think this is a good time to start a business?
        • Re: Is now the right time to start a business?
          Mackfu.Inc Newbie
          My answer is that it depends on the type of business. For example, the repossession business is booming. Unfortunately, the iindustry is attracting unprofessionals looking to make a quick buck and most states do not require recovery agency licenses. Fortunately, clients (banks) are very picky about which agency they choose and this quickly weeds out the pretenders.

Regards
            amspcs Ranger
            Good answer from Makfu--it depends on a lot of factors. However, here's one way of lookkng at it:

Some folks look at a slow economy as a deterrent. Others see it as an opportunity. In other words,
            a lot of the competition, particularly the pretenders, will be scared off and exit the stage. That means
            more of the pie for the rest of us with the guts/ability/ambition to stick it out. Sort of the glass half full/half empty thing. Here's what I think: Don't just follow the herd and do what everybody else does and thinks--think outside of the box. Just something to think about. Good luck with whatever you decide.

AMSPCS
              I think it also depends on the type of business you are starting. In these uncertain economic times it would seem that all businesses would be on the decline. However, that's not the case for me. I experienced a 60% increase in business from last year to this year. I also had an 84% increase in revenue. It seems people still have to file taxes. Don't get me wrong, it took a large amount of marketing and hard work to reach those levels but the reward is well worth it. Liberty Tax has plenty of franchises still available throughout the country. They offer many types of financing plans as well. You can visit the franchise website at www.libertytaxfranchise.com