Post a new topic
    35 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2008 12:03 AM by LouisForeman

Event: Getting your invention off the ground

SBC Team Guide
      Are you full of great ideas but don't know how to bring them to life? Think you've invented the next best thing and don't know where to go from there? Join us on October 20 when Louis Foreman answers those questions in addition to:

• How do I apply for a patent?
      • Who can help me with market research?
      • Who can help me make a prototype?
      • Should I manufacture my product in the U.S. or overseas?
      • What reputable patent attorneys and agents are in my area?
      • How can I commercialize my product once it's manufactured?

Louis Foreman is founder and Chief Executive of Enventys, an integrated product design and engineering firm with offices in Charlotte, NC and Taiwan. Over the past 20 years, Louis has created 5 successful start-ups and has been directly responsible for the creation of over 10 others. A prolific inventor, he is the inventor of 9 registered US Patents, and his firm is responsible for the development and filing of well over 150 more.

In addition to being an inventor, Louis is also committed to educating others on the topic of intellectual property. Louis is the creator, executive producer and lead judge of the Emmy® award-winning national PBS reality show, Everyday Edisons. In 2007, Louis became the publisher of Inventors Digest, a 20-year-old publication devoted to the topic of American Innovation.

Post your question here and then check back on October 20 at 3:00PM EST for Louis' reply. You can also pose a question any time during the event hour.