Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2010 3:32 PM by par_sam17

How to reach more customers with my small business

suzykillers Newbie
      I have a small business that I operate from home,as my husband is severly disabled and need constant care. I have been selling at the therapy place we go to ,but need more business for my handbags and jewelry. I have tried ebay and craigs list,and got nothing. Please tell me what else I should try to get more customers.
        • Re: How to reach more customers with my small business
          LUCKIEST Guide
          How to reach more customers with my small business, Welcome

It would be nice to know who you are??, Like a first name??
          Where you are?? and How to reach you??

It sounds like you need help MARKETING your handbags and jewelry.
          SCORE can help. SCORE is FREE both on line and in person.
          SCORE has a FREE online Seminar that includes Marketing and more.

Good luck, LUCKIEST
          • Re: How to reach more customers with my small business
            Lighthouse24 Ranger

What is your competitive edge? When you sell face-to-face (which apparently works okay for you), the edge you have over your competition is that it's YOU selling it. So the "normal" advice would be to get face-to-face with more people so you can sell more product. But I understand how a family illness or disability can limit the time you have to do that, and why you'd be exploring on-line sales. So . . .

What "edge" do you have over everyone else selling on-line? One major retailer offers more than 15,000 different handbags and more than 382,000 different jewelry items for sale on-line (they stock over 6,000 different belly chains!). They report that sales have never been slower, and that very good handbags are being deeply discounted. Assuming that most other retailers -- as well as ebay and craigslist sellers -- are experiencing similar conditions, consumers currently have a LOT to choose from, and there are quite a few bargains out there. So to attract more customers, something about you and your products has to stand out. If you can identify what that is, you can then focus on the best strategy for marketing that distinctive factor and attracting more business (and other members of this community can help with that aspect of marketing, I'm sure).

Best wishes to you and your husband.