Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2010 12:28 PM by dblake862

Need Funding!!

baraboo Newbie
      First of all let me introduce myself my name is David. A little over a year ago my fiance and myself just sort of fell into the antique buisness. We have been doing almost all transactions online. We have a strong ability in this buisness and have done very well so far. Recently, a property came available that is in one of those areas where vacancy's are years apart. We were lucky enough to come across it and sign the lease. Here are the facts to make this easier.

It is in Baraboo.Wi which is 5 minutes from Wisconsin Dells, one of americas largest vacation spots. Devil's Lake the largest state park in Wisconsin is also here in Baraboo.

The population is 11,000 people. However, we have an estimated consumer turnover of over 1.8 million people a year!

The town has numerous year round events such as, Car shows, Farmers Markets, Flea markets, Concerts, light parades, Winter festivals and the list goes on.

ALL of the before mentioned events take place on "The Square" wich is 50 feet from our front door!

The entire city is also based on Historical & Antique feelings of prior times.

THERE IS ONLY 1 ANTIQUE SHOP IN THE WHOLE TOWN! It is approx. a fith of the size we have.

We have people ready to lease small spaces within our store. We have been contacted by tourism affiliates, we are going to be featured in the midwest antique newspaper front page!

We have alot of inventory all ready to go. We have a mag shift website that runs through Ebay of all places right now. www.baraboovintage.com you can read the about us page or the blog. We are also listed on Google which seems to be a feat in itself. Search Baraboo antiques or vintage etc. We show up right at the top of the page!

Here's the problem we have 6 or 7 credit cards a car payment etc. NOT 1 CREDIT CARD EXCEEDS $1,000 But just because they are open lines of credit the score has dropped below 600! We never take on anything we can not handle. There has not been 1 late payment on ANYTHING! But it dosnt matter to the score.

We are going to open regaurdless on November 1st. However we have taking all of our money and invested thus far into the buisness. We need $5,000 to $7,000. We still need to get a sign made up, order internet phone services, We also need 2 or 3 more cases and would like to do a bit more advertising, plus just a few things to make the place that much more special to the customers. I have estimated we NEED $5,000 but $7,000 would make a nice space cushion. We are on a very tight schedule and need this done asap. If you have any other suggestions please feel free to let us know. Thank you all for your time. Have a great day.

Regards, David & Elizabith