Post a new topic
    6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2008 12:02 AM by HumanArrow

is the Marketing or product matters?

eztech Newbie
      Hi, I have a computer company in NJ (www.eztechcomputers.com) We are the biggest computer company in Newark. We have a wide range of products and I'll descrive the most importants:
      - Store: We sell the wide range of products for Technology, computers, laptops, printers, wireless accessories and a lot more.
      • Support: We have a big lab to fix computers and laptops, and also, we support small business. We are Apple, Toshiba and Sony Authorized Service Provider.
      • Education: We have a wide range of IT Technology courses from beginners to Professionals, classes everyday include on weekends with affordable prices.
      • Security: We install and support a wide range of Security systems for homes and Business include Cameras with motion sensons and HD Cameras.

We do all possible ways of markeing, right now we have a AD on tv, flyers every week, and direct mail every 2 months. On the internet we spend 1k on google every month.
      MY QUESTION IS... WHAT IS WRONG? WE STILL STUCK, WE DIDN'T GROW OUR SALES AND CLIENTS SINCE LAST YEAR. I THINK WE HAVE GREAT PRODUCTS BUT I CANNOT FIGURE IT OUT WHAT IS WRONG? IF SOMEBODY HAS A SUGESTION I'LL BE GLAD TO DISCUSS THIS.
        • Re: is the Marketing or product matters?
          DomainDiva Ranger
          You need to contact IWrite another member on this forum and get some professional advice from a professional ad-copy person.
          See my new post on "Forum Members Collaborate"
            Lighthouse24 Ranger
            Analysts (who make a living following your retail industry) all said that 2008 would be a struggle for your type of business. They say that expenditures relating to the impending shutoff of analog TV and the continual release of handy new personal wireless devices is continuing to draw consumer dollars away from desktop and notebook computer purchases/upgrades, and that business technology buyers have tightened their belts for obvious economic reasons.

The thing in your favor (according to them) is that you offer service, training, and support -- which is an element of the industry that seems to be doing okay. So that's probably a key area to focus on and market. Several analysts have stated that people (home and business) may not be buying new technology components, but they are spending money to set up (or to learn how to set up) better ways to connect, integrate, and use all the components they already have.

Hope that helps, and that conditions improve in the months ahead. Best wishes.
              HarmikBurbank Wayfarer

HI Eztech

I see that you are offering affiliate program which is excellent way to market.

how about Email Marketing, are you expanding in that field?

and you said you are spending $$ on Google PPC, do you monitor your clicks and if so do you have a conversion goal set.

Good LUCK

legalcpu.com
                Iwrite Pioneer
                eztech,

It may not be the way you advertise but the mesage you are putting forth. Advertising tends to fail when a business does not make a connection with a consumer. Take a look at your advertising and ask yourself:

Are you talking to people or at them?
                What is it that your potential customers are looking for?
                How can you meet their needs?
                What is it about your business that delivers on what the consumer needs?

The hardest thing to do is to sit down and look at your product or business through the eyes of customers and ask yourself why should they do business with you. But it is something you need to do.

I think it is great that you are investing in advertising, but if you aren't saying what the customer needs to hear, what good is it? Identify who your main customer is, learn as much about them as possible and then speak to them through you advertising.

I hope this helps.

Iwrite
                  albertjamess Newbie
                  There seems to be something of a knee-jerk dislike for "marketing," as if it's something to be shunned and has little to do with anything useful in the marketplace. While it's true that there's plenty of bad marketing out there, good marketing actually serves a really important function -- helping companies determine what the market actually demands, and then delivering products to fill that need.

albertjames
                  [url=<!--if gte mso 9><xml>
                  Normal
                  MicrosoftInternetExplorer4
                  </xml><!endif-->
                  <!--if gte mso 10>
                  <style>
                  /* Style Definitions */
                  table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";}
                  </style>
                  <!endif]-->http://* www.drivenwide*.com*<!--if gte mso 9><xml>
                  Normal
                  MicrosoftInternetExplorer4
                  </xml><!endif-->
                  <!--if gte mso 10>
                  <style>
                  /* Style Definitions */
                  table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";}
                  </style>
                  <!endif-->interactive marketing[/url]
                    HumanArrow Adventurer
                    Hi Eztech,

Marketing is very important for the long term success of your business. After reviewing your company, I would recommend that you monitor your incoming traffic to determine what type of marketing is working and what is not. Increase your marketing dollars on the marketing source that is doing more for your business. In addition, always works with your sales force to ensure that they are selling your company before they sell the product. Keep in mind, you are going to want that repeat business. I wish your the very best and please don't hesitate to contact me for future services.

Human Arrow
                    Directing Traffic To Your Business!

HumanArrow.com