Post a new topic
    22 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2008 1:04 AM by fundamentals

Can anyone write a business plan?

Smartypotty Adventurer

My husband and I have a patented potty chair (as seen on 2007 American Inventors) that will train toddlers in a fraction of the time of a regular one. We are in need of a business plan to present to future investors?

Please email us at Smartypotty@aol.com if you can assist us.
        • Re: Can anyone write a business plan?
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Can anyone write a business plan?? Welcome

SCORE can assist you with a Business Plan FREE.

SCORE is FREE both in person and on line.

Good luck
            BizBurrito Wayfarer
            Hi...there is a section on my website that may have what you are looking for. It's basic information on how to write your own business plan.

http://www.businessburrito.com/business-plan-outline.html

Check it out...lots of free information to help small businesses grow to their maximum potential.

Hope it helps. Good luck!
              Fortis Wayfarer
              Hello Smartypotty,

Good afternoon, hope all is well. Sounds like you have a great product. You should check the Small Business Administration's website www.sba.gov and you will find lots of help on how to write a business plan. Hope that helps a little. Best of luck!
                BizBurrito Wayfarer
                Hi SmartPotty,

I have a business plan outline on my website that you (or anyone else) is welcome to access. It will walk you through step by step. It's free information.

www.businessburrito.com

Click on Business Plan Outline on the nav bar.

Hope it helps!
                    BOASBIZ Wayfarer

Hi BizBurrito,

Thanks for your response and suggestion to the above post- "_Can anyone write a business plan_?". I must say your website is terrific. Very insightful, loaded with powerful business information for any other small business person, not only for the topic in question.

I recommend it to all forum members in business. It's (website) a tremendous tool/resource. I'll be in touch personally for further deliberations. Thanks Donna for being selfless.

I would also like to commend lighthouse24 for his wonderful contributions on this forum. I've been reading with intense interest all his contributions. Unfortunately, I did not read from you on the post - "_Leisure,Tourism & hospitality industry." _Kudos lighthouse. You are helping some of us in business.
                    rgi625 Newbie

Smartpotty

I have written a few business plans, they are not fun to do but very beneficial in you business development process. Anyone can write them, you can find some templates online just by searching for business plan or marketing plan templates.

My suggestion is that you write the business and marketing plan yourself because it makes you dig deep and focus on what your goals and objectives are and helps you to plan your paths to meet those goals.

Best of luck in your venture.
                      Lighthouse24 Ranger
                      What business are you planning . . . a company to manufacture the chair, a company to distribute the chair to retailers, a company to sell the chair direct to the consumers, or some combination of those? If you start with a "generic" template or outline, be sure that it fits the type of business you have in mind. My suggestion would be to do as much as you can as fast as you can using free resources (like those suggested already) -- don't spend time trying to make it perfect, focus on making it thorough/complete. Then contact someone with experience at having developed plans that attracted investors to the same type of business you are trying to launch, and let him/her help you perfect your plan (as well as your pitch presentation). It will probably cost money for that expertise, but it'll be worth it. Best wishes.
                      1 of 1 people found this helpful
                          Smartypotty Adventurer

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Where I am, more specifically, is:

--I have received my Patent.

--I am going to raise more capital through investors rather than financial institutions.

--I have traveled to China to meet with our manufacturer. The manufacturer can ship a minimum of about 1,500 units to us. I need to find a warehouse or someplace to hold them.

--I have a retail store manager who has expressed interest in selling my product.

--I have gathered some information that's required on a business plan, such as:

my executive summary,

identified who my target market is which are:
                          -Children (general populus)

-Autistic Children (recommended by a colleague who teaches autistic students)

-Blind Children (who will be rewarded by music on potty chair)

-Deaf Children (who will be rewarded by lights on potty chair)

-ADD Children (attention deficit disorder children who are fascinated by lights (and music)

-Doting mothers and grandmothers

I have also gathered information on my competitors by visiting every major retail store and getting pricing information, product features, brand names, etc.

Again, my potty chair trains children to "flush" afterwards AND it trains boys to PUT THE SIT DOWN (You mothers can appreciate this(:']) The child is rewarded for properly using the toilet.

Again, I truly thank you for your comments.

Sincerely,
                          Shirley
                          Email: Smartypotty@aol.com
                          Mergent Adventurer
                          Hello to all,

My name is Brian Mosko, and I own Mergent Planning, which is a full service business plan and marketing plan writing service. I would like to extend a helping hand to you in starting your business.

Please feel free to e-mail me at brian@mergentplanning.com, call me at 702-538-1798, or visit us on the web at www.MergentPlanning.com.

I encourage you to let me help you on your path to success!!!!!!!!

Best Regards,

Brian Mosko
                          Mergent Planning
                          702-538-1798
                          brian@mergentplanning.com
                          www.MergentPlanning.com
                            fundamentals Wayfarer
                            Hi

I have reviewed your business description and would conclude that you probably have a great marketable product. My advise to you is as follows: Please be careful about using off-the-shelf business plans or FREE templates even those from the SBA. That is very good advise, but the level of information provided is akin to cookie-cutter templates. In my 20+years experience with business planning each business/business model is unique and requires a customized plan that fits your objectives.

You need to move quickly but smartly. Because of our current economic situation, funding will be tighter than usual. Therefore I would recommend that you start with the financials first and then the writing will be much easier. Business Plans are a financial instrument and will make or break your dreams. If you would like a free consultation you can reach me on this site user name fundamentials, or at www.cfopower.com

Good Luck

John
                                Smartypotty Adventurer
                                Hello Fundamentals,

I am new to this forum, and I hope that I'm not sending my info you've already read. Following is more info that I sent to another person on this forum:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Where I am, more specifically, is:

--I have received my Patent.

--I am going to raise more capital through investors rather than financial institutions.

--I have traveled to China to meet with our manufacturer. The manufacturer can ship a minimum of about 1,500 units to us. I need to find a warehouse or someplace to hold them.

--I have a retail store manager who has expressed interest in selling my product.

--I have gathered some information that's required on a business plan, such as:

my executive summary,

identified who my target market is which are:
                                -Children (general populus)

-Autistic Children (recommended by a colleague who teaches autistic students)

-Blind Children (who will be rewarded by music on potty chair)

-Deaf Children (who will be rewarded by lights on potty chair)

-ADD Children (attention deficit disorder children who are fascinated by lights (and music)

-Doting mothers and grandmothers

I have also gathered information on my competitors by visiting every major retail store and getting pricing information, product features, brand names, etc.

Again, my potty chair trains children to "flush" afterwards AND it trains boys to PUT THE SIT DOWN (You mothers can appreciate this(:']) The child is rewarded for properly using the toilet.

Again, I truly thank you for your comments.

Sincerely,
                                Shirley
                                Email: Smartypotty@aol.com
                                KyleG9 Newbie
                                You can go to elance.com and you can get a business plan done for a fair price.
                                Post your project and have many consultants bid for your project.
                                  intechspecial Ranger
                                  I can give you assistance with finding resources that will allow you to right the business plan yourself.

Your are going to need to learn to do this for your business to be completely successful.

intechspecial
                                      Smartypotty Adventurer

Hi there,

ASAP:

Because it is vital that I know my business thoroughly, I have started writing my business plan myself, however, I will need professional assistance.

I am not looking for a "generic" template or outline, unless the person/company assisting me can fit it to the type of business I have in mind -- selling a patented consumer product in stores. IT MUST BE THOROUGH AND COMPLETE.

I would like to contact someone with provable experience (they must provide references) at having developed plans that attracted investors to the same type of business I am trying to launch. Then, I would like him/her to help me perfect my plan (as well as my pitch presentation to the retail stores.

I have already traveled overseas and met with my manufacturer who is ready to ship to the U.S. Also, I have met with two retail stores who have expressed interest in selling my product. I have some investors, but I need approximately 2-3 more.

PLEASE - LET'S GET THIS UP AND RUNNING! My product will be able to be in the retail stores by Christmas. Thank you for your assistance.

Shirley
                                      email: Smartypotty@aol.com
                                      Tracker

One site that you might find useful is: http://www.sba.gov/smallbusinessplanner/index.html and as Luckiest mentioned searching for your local SCORE organization can help you too. Also, many local colleges/universities have Small Business Development centers that offer free assistance to entrepreneurs and people interested in starting a business. If you search for them you should be able to find one in your area.

I hope the above helps you or gives you some direction. There is a lot of good information and business start-up and business plan help to be found on this site from some of the professionals that participate in the community. Do a search for those subjects/topics and read more to get additional feedback that will help you.

Good luck and best wishes to you.

Dennis Lowery

Adducent, Inc.
                                        fundamentals Wayfarer
                                        Smartpotty,

Dear Shirley

What are you waiting for? It has been a month since we last spoke personally and it appears that you still are asking the same question. At this point in time (without knowing specifics) it will be highly unlikely that you will get your product to stores for the 2008 holiday season, unless you already have the product warehoused on US mainland soil. And even then there are other issues that need to be resolved.

People in this forum have been giving you great suggestions, ideas, and help. So what is it that is holding you up in moving forward? I personally thought I would be able to help get you up and running, I don't think I feel that way today.

However, I wish you the best of luck and may your spiritual strength point you in the right direction.

Good Luck

Fundamentals