Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2008 1:03 PM by Brew_Master

Looking for Advice?

JJBoutique Newbie
      I am looking to start my own boutique of handbags and all other accessories. I know it would be great to start online b/because I would not have to pay the extra bills that come with a store front, however I would love to start out in my own store gain a great customer base and build a website from that point.
      I can make the boutique my own, if its online I am fighting to be known and in competition with all the other accessory sites on the world wide web.

What should I do????
        • Re: Looking for Advice?
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Looking for Advice, Welcome

Let me take my crystal ball out and see what it says. Really, tell the ball more.
          Who are you??, Where are you?? How soon do you plan on starting this business??
          Do you have a Business Name?? Have you developed a Business and Marketing Plan??

Do you know about SCORE?? SCORE is FREE and can help you decide what to do.

Good luck, LUCKIEST
              JJBoutique Newbie
              Sorry....

*Who are you?? +I am a 26 year old looking to
              • Where are you?? I am in the GREAT city of Dallas, TX*

• How soon do you plan on starting this business?? Once everything is set up like my business plan and marketing plan ( which I am in the mist of completing). Depending on what avenue is best for me depends on when my business will be ready to start .*
              Do you have a Business Name?? I do have a business Name, I have a EIN, a DBA, Business Acct and all that good stuff.

Have you developed a Business and Marketing Plan??+answered above...+

Do you know about SCORE?? SCORE is FREE and can help you decide what to do. I have heard about SCORE, but I am going to look into SCORE a little more...
              Brew_Master Wayfarer
              JJBoutique

Good luck! I think you could do a great job of opening a store-front boutique.
              In my opinion that would be the best route. What do people want when they shop online? Good deals and low shipping costs. Type in cheap handbags and see just how many thousands of sites pop-up. What would make yours appear on the front page of google? Lots of hits or expensive ad spots.

I say go with the store-front and build a business online from there. Dealing with people in person can be much more rewarding then labeling boxes for shipping. But you must also deal with the downside of customer statifaction.

Again best of luck. keep us posted.