Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2008 7:44 AM by LUCKIEST

Quality Links

cooldad Newbie
      I have recently opened a new t shirt and novelty gift online shop for dads and grandads, www.dadtshirt.com

As a new business, the site does not appear in the first few pages of Google or other search enegines. I have been told that obtaining quality links is a good way to raise the site rank.

How do I go about finding such links?
        • Re: Quality Links
          NatOnline Tracker
          Some quality authority backlinks may be found there:
          http://www.avivadirectory.com/strongest-directories/

Make a blog about what you do, where come from your products or how the manufacturers make t shirts, write articles, sign up in forums related to your business. Be patient Google never list a new site over night, it takes time to rank well.

Good luck
            TopSavingsNet Wayfarer
            I have noticed a few things with your site that may be problematic with your SEO. One is that you have paid AdWords for your domain name in the Google search. Your site will pretty much always come up under the search for your specific domain name. I would not bid on my own URL.

I noticed all of your links point to CafePress.com which is not necessarily bad, but shows the engine's you are not capable of functioning as your own site. I suggest using frames or java redirects for your home page URLS.

I suggest you Photoshop (crop/enlarge) the pictures of the t-shirt to show the artwork better. I had to squint and still couldn't see what every shirt had on it on the homepage.

You will no doubt need to market your site heavily in time for the holiday's. I can tell you are in the festive spirit for sales. AdWords can work well for you at this moment due to your new site and limited search engine visibility.

Links are very important, so yes I would work on getting quality one-way text links pointing to the site. Article marketing can work very well for you as well as directory submissions to the major directories. Your best investment might be to consult with a SEO firm before your next holiday. They will guide you in the right direction for an arm and a leg.
              LUCKIEST Guide
              Quality Links, Welcome

Do you have an Accountant??

Do you know about SCORE?? SCORE is FREE.

Good luck, LUCKIEST