Post a new topic
    7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2009 4:09 PM by intechspecial

My own Photography business, NOW WHAT?

WgWorldwide Newbie
      So I just did my sole proprietorship and I got a new business account with BAC, NOW WHAT?
      I already have a pretty good business thru word-of-mouth photographing events, fashion, portraits, and products etc.

Two questions:

1. How do I get my EIN number? (do i need it)
      2. How do I make my customers pay me?!

Thanks!

Waseem
      www.waseemshouse.com
        • Re: My own Photography business, NOW WHAT?
          LUCKIEST Guide
          My own Photography business, Welcome

Who are you?? Where are you??

The answer to question 1. Go to "IRS.GOV" You can get the EIN number on line.

Question Two. Need to know more. Do you get a DEPOSIT before the shoot??
          In the photo world, NOBODY pays after the big event.

LUCKIEST
              WgWorldwide Newbie
              Well basically heres the run down:
              Im in New York. I work mostly on referal, no advertising of any sort as of yet. I ask for payment after the job is done just as a courtesy, since I havent really done anything yet. However Im slowly starting to realize that is not the best method for one time customers. I have clients that I work with on a continuing basis because of thier product load and they usually owe me money, but its frustrating and I feel that I need to make something on my webpage of how I work financially, not just about myself..
                  LUCKIEST Guide
                  My own Photography business,

Thanks for sharing. Do you have a first name?? I also live in N Y (Rockland County
                  near the Tappan Zee Bridge)

Would love to talk to you about payments. A deposit before the job, another substantial payment
                  days before the job and the balance when you deliver the final product.

Do you have an Accountant?? How do I get in touch with you?? E mail?? Phone??
                  You can email me at pdeig@juno.com

LUCKIEST
                  1 of 1 people found this helpful
                NatOnline Tracker
                EIN number is pretty easy to get, check with the departement of taxation in your area.

How to make customers pay you, it depends of the work, that's up to you really. When I shoot some pictures for my clients, I requested 50% before the job start and 50% when the job was done.
                  DuxDucis Newbie
                  We should talk, I could help you with some of your problems. I know the frustration of getting a Website for your small business. Year Ago I opened up a small private Child recovery team company. I had a Friend design me a website. He said he gave me a discount. I ended up spending around 1,200 for it.

As for your EIN Number, just like everyone else said, so I wont stomp on there shoes.
                    Ms.Stansbury Wayfarer
                    Hello and congrats on your new business. I hope all is going well with you.

I just wanted to drop you a line to let you know is you have need of a freelance Photo Editor, I am available with samples of my work.

I restore and retouch photos.

If interested, please send me a reply.

Thanks!
                      intechspecial Ranger
                      This is not in response to your question but more a comment in regards to your website.

Great Work!

Just took a quick look at your site, and I am impressed with your capabilities.