Post a new topic
    7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2008 8:48 PM by GrowthCurve

I need investors or advice...

apm1383 Newbie

Hello all,

I recently relocated to Castle Rock, Colorado. This is an up and coming city with an old town family atmosphere. From childhood I always have enjoyed a specific restaurant. Nothing fancy but everyone in town new of it and after sporting events, school events, whatever we would all meet there. Has a real family feel to it and most people new someone there. This is something the town of Castle Rock is missing. In times like these (long days / financial worries) people need a place like this to relax and unwind while the kids can play. And do it all for a reasonable price. In addition to great food it's also a place where young sports team can gather for parties to hand out trophy's or the men can get away for a while to watch football while having a beer. This would cater to all.

What I would like to do is find a business partner to help me get this up and going as I do not have the credit to start on my own. I have a solid business plan and marketing support but lack the financial support. I have more details and info. If there is any interest or advice I would love to hear from you.

Thanks for your time.
        • Re: I need investors or advice...
          Fortis Wayfarer
          That does sound relaxing actually. I\'m curious though. Why a partner? Is it just for financial reasons?
            apm1383 Newbie

I believe that Business Relationship Funding would be the best route for both parties. Startup costs I estimate at 150K. This will be family owned and operated and therefore employee costs will be minimal. I have not secured a location but have started looking for a proper place with that atmosphere I am trying to achieve. First and foremost I need to find someone to help me get an "idea" off the ground and give me the power to start making the dream a reality. Would you be interested? If so, what would you need from me?
                Fortis Wayfarer
                Well we certainly work with a lot of new restaurants. First and foremost you must design a business plan. Go to SBA.gov and you can read all types of articles about how to start a business, build a plan, etc... After that you will have the blueprints to getting the whole business running. Financing comes later.

Email me if you have anymore questions. I\'ll be glad to help.
                LUCKIEST Guide
                I need investors or advice, Welcome

*You recently
                relocated to Castle Rock, Colorado. Great What do you do for a
                living??*
                Have you found a location for this restaurant?? How soon can the restaurant be up and running??

I would like to read your business and marketing plan. Have you included building and equipment costs??

How much funding and for how long??

LUCKIEST
                  GrowthCurve Adventurer
                  OK, now for the dose of reality...

Do you have any experience owning or running a restaurant? How about any business?

How old are you? And what have you been doing since you were 18?

As I am sure you know, a restaurant is a very, very tough business. Many fail. After banking a handful of successful restaurateurs, I know that one thing they have in common is that they love the restaurant business, and they don't mind working 60-80 hours a week at it.

I think it's great that you've found something that you think you want to do...something that you really believe in. But have you really thought about how realistic this is?

If you don't have any restaurant management experience, I'd start by working somewhere for a few years, and making contacts in the industry. People who own one restaurant often want to have more, so if you prove yourself as an experienced operator who knows how to handle vendors, staff, costs, menus, facilities, marketing, and all of the other things that go into running a restaurant, you won't have any trouble at that point finding someone to back you.