Post a new topic
    11 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2008 4:10 PM by fritzmaster

Looking to start an Equine Stable and Training Center

arabianponies Newbie
      We are considering starting an Equine Stable and Training Center. We have located a facility to be relocated to our land that we own free and clear. The start up costs including building and beginning basic needs is aprox $150,000. If we board 20 horses we would see a Grosse income of $6,000 per month with expenses at $3,200 on the high end. There are many other potential ways of bringing in more income by providing your facility for rent for other equine events.

We have a lifetime of experiance of working with horses and a large family to make this a family run business. We already raise and train our own Arabian Ponies as well as started the Arabian Pony Registry of America. We have excellent credit, own our 60 acres free and clear, have no debt, and always pay our bills. Hubby has a steady job and has for the last 10 years. At one time we did have our own LLC and the whole nine yards for a school bus mechanic business.

Where would we find funding for such a project? Would a bank consider this or would we need to find and independent source for funds? If funding was found how long would it take to get funds going to start the project?
        • Re: Looking to start an Equine Stable and Training Center
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Looking to start an Equine Stable and Training Center, Welcome

*If I *were considering starting an Equine Stable Center and are looking for funding, I would do the following.
          Establish a Business Name and then register the name and get a Federal I D Number.
          Develop a Business and Marketing Plan. The Plan is one of the first items the investor wants to see.

Tell me more. Where are you located (like State)?? Go to Members page and share more info.
          Do you have a Lawyer??, An Accountant?? An Insurance Agent??
          You should get some great responses from investors on this web site. (Be Careful).

Finally there is SCORE. SCORE is FREE and can help you.

Good luck, LUCKIEST

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            Fortis Wayfarer
            arabianponies,

Good afternoon, hope all is well. Sounds like an very interesting business. With the information you have given us it sounds like you could do a couple of things. Have you talked with anyone about doing an SBA loan?
            1 of 1 people found this helpful
                arabianponies Newbie

First of all, thanks Luckiest for the ideas of where to start. I am starting my To Do Checklist with that!

As far as Fortis's question, a friend told us to look into a business loan but I don't know what institution would work best for us and our needs, or what we are really looking for or what is required or desired to make this more sellable to a potential investor or bank.

We are both pretty old fassioned and do not like debt and prefer to pay things off as quickly as possible but do not want to be locked into something short term that is too high of payments.

Tell me if you think I am being crazy....what I am looking for is a 20 year loan contract with a fixed interest rate below 7% and fixed monthly payment amount so payments are low but with the option and ability to make extra payments or pay off early with no penalties. I don't want to be fixed into large monthly payments and a large balloon payment in 10 years like one bank that I talked to wanted to do.
                HarmikBurbank Wayfarer
                Very Interesting Business to start

Good Luck

legalcpu.com
                  Lighthouse24 Ranger
                  Welcome to the community. It sounds like you have a great idea -- now you need to turn it into a great plan. Before you can successfully seek funding (or even know what kind of funding might be best), you'll have to do some work to change the "IF we board 20 horses" into "we will board 20 horses," and to change those "potential ways of bringing in more income" into reliable sources of revenue. In other words, you need to remove all the speculation of what might or could happen, and be prepared to present a plan of what WILL happen, complete with realistic and well-founded cash flow projections. The good news is, this is a type of business that has been around for years (good data to work from) and you are going into it with lifelong experience and expertise -- which means lenders will be more receptive, plus you should have some contacts already within the equine industry who can also help you move forward. A good old-fashioned business plan (which SCORE and others might be able to help with) is the next step, I think. Good luck.
                    fritzmaster Newbie

Hi, I think we can help you!

Please call Fritz or Bob... or request an application from fritz@bobnewinc.com

Bob New Inc.

Leasing/Financing
                    http://www.bobnewinc.com/

bob@bobnewinc.com

Phone: (888) 639-2621 / 818-247-3530
                    Fax: 818-247-3536

"Helping Business in all 50 states including Canada since 1957"