Post a new topic
    9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2009 8:53 AM by RoadOne

New Trucking Company

LEX_08 Wayfarer
      Hi I have a new trucking company and I need to find out how to get contracts, loads & I am always looking for drivers.... I am located in Atlanta, GA so local and long haul are available options....
        • Re: New Trucking Company
          LUCKIEST Guide
          New Trucking Company

Good luck with your new trucking company.

How do we get in touch with you?? email?? address?? phone number??

Help us, LUCKIEST
              LEX_08 Wayfarer

I do apologize Ecode_office@yahoo.com I respond very quickly
                nashsing50 Newbie
                Hello there;
                + I am contacting you regarding your new trucking buiness and I be glad to help you out.I have been in trucking for 20+years with 2 safety aways,also helped out a woman who was with my very first company that had a very bad health problem and got a very special letter.I have been on the verg of getting my own truck till the company gave me the shaft and they was charging me more then the truck was worth for the year and miles.I have been wanting to get my own now for the past few years.I have great ideas that will help you out but will have to explain in person and show you a lay out plan of what i have in mind which will be a great help.+
                + The way i have the plan in mind will help on keeping up todate with the drivers license renew date and year,the medical card update,logbooks,safety,repairs,parking the trailers,parking the tractors,loads,seals and all paperwork.This will also help to stop violations and safety problems with DOT and comply with the rules and regs of DOT.You may get ahold of me by sending me a email to my other email address as follows:NashSing40@yahoo.com and from there we can go on.I live near Murfreesboro,TN.which also be a good place to open up a place too.I'll be waiting to hear from you soon to help out. Drive Safe Think Safe.NashSing50+
                GETCAPITAL Wayfarer
                Hi LEX_08, Are you in need of working capital or equipment?
                  LEX_08 Wayfarer

My Email address is Ecode_office@yahoo.com I reply very quickly to question. I am not looking for equipment at this time I am looking for contracts for loads and drivers. I am based out of Atlanta, GA in addition I am in the process of getting my web site built so you will be able to see all services my company offers both local and regional.
                    truckmechanic Newbie

getloaded.com is a freight board with loads all over the country
                      borrowedtime Adventurer
                      Good Luck In your new Trucking Business. I owned and operated my own for 6 years. Economy forced me to go out of business, but if you have your own authority get on as many load boards as possible. The the gentlemen already advised Get Loaded is a good one. I also had contract with CH Robinson. They arent the best pay but I can say they have lots of loads so if you are sitting and waiting for the right load and have set long enough use them. They are very easy to work with and you get direct deposit in 48 hours. That sure comes in handy when your waiting for these other companies to pay.There initial contract signup is a little leneghy but once you get past that the rest is easy. Once they have worked with for a while they also will ring your phone off the hook telling you what loads they have. One last thing I recommend is when you book with different companies ask them if they offer quick pay. Most do and you just pay a small percentage 2 - 5 % to get paid in couple of days instead of waiting 2 weeks or a month. As you know the fuel, maintence etc is a wallet breaker so waiting a month for a paycheck is almost to hard to wait for. It could literally make you or break you.Best wishes for your suscess.
                      PS One last thing, its a dog eat dog world in trucking so with my experience when a load pops up on the load boards you must act quick. The good ones are gone in minutes. I used to have to sit at the computer from 7am-7pm every day and keep hitting the refresh button a hundred times a day be on the phone within seconds negoiate the price and secure the load, then fax machine a must, then fax them all your paperwork. Once you get good at it you can do the whole process in 15-20 minutes. With CH Robinson it one step easier. You call ,book, give them your ID #, they book it, DONE, that easy.Remember to negoiate price with them to, not all the time will they pay more, but sometimes they do, so I always tryed.
                        borrowedtime Adventurer
                        Hi New trucking co.
                        Just a couple more things, make sure you keep good records of EVERTHING. Most expenses are deductable. Make sure your drivers keep good milage records in and out of every state. You will need that for fuel tax. I did my own fuel tax every quarter and it is complicated,so good records are a must. Make sure you file on time also. If you need a good Trucking Company tax preparer let me know. I have used them for years and thats all they do is TRUCKING. They know EVERY legal deduction you are intitled to.The 1st year I used those famous neiborhood tax companys and they have NOT a clue. One last thing is be very careful if you ever go thru or deliver in Oregon, they will be your worst nightmare. (no offense to anyone living there) but for the truck company try to stay away. I went out of business March 2008 and I'm still just last week getting letters from the DOT to call them they still have issues on taxes,fines from over a year ago. Try calling Ooida. (owner operator indepent drivers association) I forgot ther Phone # but look them up on the internet, they have a lot of services for the little guy business. I had financing thru them and truck insurance , getting your own authority, etc. Cost is 45.00 yr unless you can find someone thats already a member, use there ID # as a referral then it costs you 25.00 yr. Hope this helps you. Just tryin to keep you protected thru my experiences.
                          RoadOne Newbie
                          I can assist you with what you are seeking, you can reach me @ 770.732.3641... I have a firm understanding of what it will take to make your company a success and I would be happy to share this information with you...

RC
                          RoadOne...