Post a new topic
    9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2008 7:47 PM by icebergtec

This is my last attempt to save what we worked so hard for.

phinsm Newbie

Hello, I'm very troubled to have to say that we are up against the wall and if something does not happen right away we will have to shut down. A costly clerical error has resulted in inconsistencies in my lead source and although we have taken some steps to resolve them I am in a downward spiral on daily revenue until the leads are consistent. If you understand the uniqueness of how our sales are derived you will see that cold calls are not effective enough to sustain us. I know that we have a plan and business concept that could create a strong multi million dollar company. We have 5 years of development that would take the half million dollars we've already invested to duplicate. We have client testimonials from Celebrities, CEOs, Magazine editors, Publishers; some of which can be seen on our web site. We have shipped our product nationwide and even with the economy the way it is, people still buy my product because of the need it fills for them. The barriers to entry in this market are not significant at present and there are unprotected processes and trade secrets that once addressed, could make it more difficult for someone else to duplicate what we do. Specifically, our competitors. Which is why I have been so elusive in my posts as to the identity of my company and product. That being said, I am looking for someone to partner with and although in a previous post I stated that I did not wish to give up equity for financing, I see no other way to save this company. I definitely do not want to do a merchant advance, it just is not right for our needs.

I consider us to still be in our start up phase because of the groundwork that had to be laid in order to get us to this point and because for 5 years I've been trying to retain ownership while taking baby steps with only personal financing as the fuel to our development. I have an extensive plan that requires 750k to fund that brings us into profits sooner by equipping us properly for the sales and production demands that would happen as a result of the funding. This particular plan includes the purchase of equipment instead of leasing as well as other areas that can be trimmed if necessary. The other option is for us to clear up debt and build personal and business credit in addition to the implementation a few efficiencies like getting our lead sources back on track, focusing on web marketing and an online store, advertising and some operating capital. I estimate that this can be done for around 100k but 150k would give us some room. There is value here and for someone willing to bank on us, I believe there to be great financial reward. I can be reached at phinsm@gmail.com for inquiries. You must sign a non disclosure agreement for the plan. But please, I do not have the time or resources to waste on corresponding with anyone that does not have serious intentions or the means to help. We are on our last legs and my efforts in the following days can literally make or break us. Please post here if you have any suggestions outside of funding that I can immediately use to increase our chances of saving this company.

Thank You!
        • Re: This is my last attempt to save what we worked so hard for.
          money_buz Newbie
          Hello phinsm

I maybe able to help you with your funding needs. How do I contact you?

Blake Moody
          Global Merchant Solutions
          512-276-2682
              phinsm Newbie

Thank you for responding but It is obvious that you did not read my post or you skipped a few parts becuase my contact information is in the post and I also wrote that I do not want a merchant advance. Are there real investors here? So far everyone that I've been approached by has been someone offering a merchant advance packaged in different ways after I've stated that It was not what I wanted. I do appreciate those who clearly identify themselves as a merchant advance company and offer it as an alternative which I'm sure is a good fit for some people. However, people come here as I did with a real need and many like me have better things to do than to chase down false hopes. I think it is a shame that it is allowed for people to create posts that have misleading and ambiguous titles that lead people to believe they may be speaking to an investor only to find out they are talking to the pawn broker of the funding world looking for a quick buck. How many of the posters here saying "hey who needs money" are opportunists? Where are the risk takers, the philanthropic investors(if there is such a thing)? Has anyone found investment through this forum that could not get it through traditional avenues? Anyone with limited or no credit get a Loan or LOC through your efforts here? If so, I would love to hear from you and I'm sure others would too. I think there are some great resources as a whole in the BOA forums but this channel in particular seems like it could be much more effective than it has proven to be for me.

Meanwhile, I found a networking site called thefunded.com it looks like they screen for membership and only approve those that check out as a business owner, lawyer, consultant or funding source and weed out the other stuff. I don't have any experience with it yet but it looks promising. If anyone has information on the site please let me know. Please also let others here know if this post rings true to you or helps you in any way by chiming in.
                  DMIGUY Adventurer
                  Your message is heartfelt and your assessment of this forum is correct. Try as we all might, the vultures will still answer your post with their solicitations, overtly or covertly.

Unfortunately, there simply are no forums where you will find what you want. And worse, your plea will likely be heard loudest by scam artists who will undoubtedly attemt to make contact with you.

Milleisen is correct, this and other forums have their value and place as a networking tool with perhaps some pearls of wisdom thrown in here and there.

Best of Luck.
                  1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    DMIGUY Adventurer
                    By the way, thefunded.com is primarily a site for fund raisers, it is not for the type of funding you are seeking. In fact, they note " No venture capitalists, full-time angel investors, or private equity investors are allowed to join." and these would be the people you would be seeking.

Again, Hope it all works out for you.
                  Milleisen Scout
                  To answer your question about people getting funding from this forum, I'd venture to say that most people don't. The value of this forum is for business owners to solicit advice on issues which impact their business. While financing is for sure a business issue that many entreprenuers face, this forum is unlikely to fill that particular need. Finding a bank loan or an investor is a difficult process and unfortunately is not a simple as posting on a small business forum. If you are posting here, its probably fair to say that other avenues have already been exhausted.

If you want to understand what it will take for you to qualify for a loan, that's something you can get help with here. But if your post is solely for cash, you'll more than likely get sales pitches from the mechant services guys, or a "lending" company who will want to charge you an ungodly sum. You'll also get definately be directed towards SCORE.
                    golfheaven Adventurer
                    Try www.thenexttycoon.biz it might not be what your looking for but then again
                      phinsm Newbie
                      Thank you for your replies. The information of course was not what I wanted to hear but helpful in that I know what will not work. DMIGUY, thank you for having the stones to call it like you see it. You know, self employment has it's benefits but as a worker bee I was blissfully unaware of the nature of people when it comes to money because a steady paycheck has a way of doing that. Sometimes I feel like the guy from the matrix that just wants to be plugged back in. I met with someone this morning who was supposed to be an investor but ended up trying to recruit me into an MLM Real Estate scheme after an hour and a half of pitching and Q&A. They let me go through all of that so that they could tell me how impressed they were with me and how someone like me could make 100 times more money if I joined their club, that I should stop thinking small potatoes and think about liquidating so they could show me how to become a gozillionaire. It's ok though cause by the time I got back to the office I had already convinced myself that with as much crap as I was being put through there has got to be something great on the other side. Lo and behold a ray of light, I met someone this afternoon who is genuine about trying to help out. It may or may not culminate into an investment but it helped restore a little faith in my fellow man. Inevitably something will happen, when your this down...you know the saying. Anyway, I did learn alot here and I'll be around but now I've got a business to save.

By the way there should be some kind of sticky disclaimer here that has Milleisen and DMIGUY's responses... would save lots of people valuable time.

BEWARE OF THE SHARKS!!!

phinsm....
                        isellcash Newbie
                        I sell cash through merchant advances I have many stories from my merchants where I have saved there business. They understood that some times you have to spend money tomake money. I'm not a mortgage guy trying to get rich I help business owners since I am a business owner. let me run some numbers for your business and see if i can help you if not maybe I got some Ideas for your business. Email me at cclark@bankcardalliance.com