Post a new topic
    12 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2008 11:36 AM by dailywin

Web Design with FREE Domain Name and first year hosting

HostAfric Wayfarer
      If you are a startup company looking for a web presence, or a seasoned enterprise loking to upgrade their existing website, we can help.

We are now offering a great promo " FREE FIRST YEAR WEB HOSTING AND DOMAIN REGISTRATION" with any web design package.
      Our web design packages start at $450.00 for up to 7 pages. We are also able to work within your reasonable budget for e-commerce or larger sized sites and provide truly professional results.

So what is required of you to get this deal?
      Simple really, just contract us to design your site and sit back and watch us deliver far beyond your expectation. Remember, we are willing to consider all reasonable budgets and work within them with compromise to both quality and delivery.

What do you get in exchange?

1. Professional site to drive you busines to new heights
      2. Free domain registration and free renewal each year
      3. Free first year hosting (500MB of space and 25 free email accounts + more goodies)
      4. CMS application within the site for easy self editing and management of site
      5. Pride of having a truly professional site

What happens after the first year hosting offer is done?

No need to panic! We do not have any hidden cost. After the first year, you still get your free doamin renewal each year and still get the same hosting at an annual cost of $71.40. Year an flat $71.40 per year just for hosting.

All our sites are dynamic and database driven. they also support a content management system (CMS) to make it easy for you to edit your own site directly from within it even without any html knowledge, much like using Microsoft Word.

Samples of some work we have done?

# www.teeburn.com
      # www.afrofusion.net
      # www.everythingtravel.info
      # www.somomoto.com
      # www.sheisthemomma.com
      # www.travelsource.org
      # www.findpropertyus.com
      # www.icaministries.org
      1. and many more

You can email me at webservicesathostafric.com with any questions or a profile of your project.

If you are a not-for-profit organization, please contact us directly, we have a separate offer for you.
        • Re: Web Design with FREE Domain Name and first year hosting
          LUCKIEST Guide

Last month, Monday August 11, The Wall Street Journal had an article

"How to Create A Successful Web Site For Nothing"

It might help you, LUCKIEST
            DMIGUY Adventurer
            HostAfric,

I assume you have your own website?

Interesting using at instead of @. I've never seen that before.
              websolutions Tracker
              nice but I would also check out http://www.websitedesignpeople.com and see what they have to offer.
                  HostAfric Wayfarer
                  I have noticed a lot of people here calling themselves designer actully ain't. Using canned programs, site builder or create your own website applications is not really desiging.... it is merely feeling blanks. The final product is very different, in capability, look, asthetics and limited in future expansion. Let's be honest with our cleints and tell them waht they are getting. If you want a unique website, not to be confused with the next guy, you have to go to a professional designer.
                  Image finding you share the same exact copy of a site with your competitor other than name! that is what you risk with this template sites. Even i have a site creator online that i could use to shortcharge my clients, but i choose not to. If they need to use this tool, i only charge them for the hosting, but not the design, since they can easily do it it themselves.
                      your_web_guy Adventurer

I think the word template needs to be redefined - a site builder like you are referring to uses templates, but not the way a company like mine does. You are right. It is just filling in blanks when using that type of script. However when we use the word template we are referring to something that was designed by a professional graphic designer and used as a base to get the site off to a good start. After we are done customizing the site it only holds a bare resemblance to any other site using the same template. Add to that the fact that a good template company will only sell a template x number of times to keep it from being over used and the odds are very slim that the scenerio you wanted us to "Image" would ever happen more than once in a blue moon.

The use of templates keeps costs down and quality high if it is done right.

PS. If you are going to go around slamming others in forums you might make sure you are able to write and spell correctly ... especially seeing as how there is a spell checker in the write post form.
                          HostAfric Wayfarer
                          Spelling is the list of my concerns now. I don't like seeing cleints duped.. which at the end of the day is what most are doing. If there wasn't some truth in what i said,I doubt you would come out feeling as defensive as you do. In my response, i never refered to you as one of the companies i mentioned, but i guess you realized the semblance with your business system and thus had to come to the defense of the "canned application".
                          How you choose to run your business is up to you, but when you choose to dupe clients, it concerns me because it give us real designers a bad name. I wouldn't mind if the client is adviced in advance that what they will get is a customized template, but you know as well as i do that this is never the case.
                          A template is a template, whether used twise or three time... which you admit you do with your template. X may be 2 or 100 times, it still isn't a custom application.

And considering you were so much concerned about spelling, we might look into the whole syntax as well.... Learn to put comas in your sentences.. am running out of breath trying to read!

;) I must have hit a raw nerve. You wouldn't get so offended if you didn't know I spilled some beans on the " site builder/template" con that has become the "we are professional web designers too" community. Be truthfull without getting offended.
                              your_web_guy Adventurer
                              "And considering you were so much concerned about spelling, we might look into the whole syntax as well.... Learn to put comas in your sentences.. am running out of breath trying to read!"
                              Touche ;) and back at you "spelling is the list of my concerns now." <- obviously

seriously though - i wasnt actually thinking that you were attacking my company... you were attacking templates in general and like i said, i wanted to redefine the word. I am also not defending the "canned application" - quite the contrary. I agree whole heartedly that if someone is palming that off as a real web solution then they are being dishonest.

However the concept of "Dupping" clients is what got my ire up. Its rude and counter-productive. I could come in and say that guys like you who charge per page for web design but dont do search engine optimization as part of the package are dupping clients and giving everyone in the web marketing industry a bad name... but i dont. I understand that some web designers dont have the sales chops to get clients the income their websites should get or to be able to optimize a site to get into the top ten of search terms. We each have our own strengths and weeknesses.

a couple of other things you All Knowingly stated without so much as looking at my companies site... "I wouldn't mind if the client is adviced in advance that what they will get is a customized template, but you know as well as i do that this is never the case." that is absolutely the case - my clients not only know what they are getting, they LOVE it.

The reasons are that they get the work for a very affordable price and they know what they are going to get before they get it. Image (sorry couldnt resist) paying the fees you charge and then getting something completely different than what was in your head durring the consultation. How many times have you had to go back and redesign a whole bunch of stuff for a client because you couldnt see into their brain? How much time did that waste of yours and your clients? (see i dont tell you that you wasted time or that you know it happens because quite frankly... i dont know any of those things for sure.)

and just fyi - the x number referred to 10 - not 100. Try surfing through the template options on my site - you might get some design ideas for your clients.

Have a good one - Enjoy working too hard :D
                                  HostAfric Wayfarer
                                  Am sure your clients are very happy with your work... why else would you have such a high rate of "No longer active clients" ! ;) sorry couln't help myself... LOL

Anyway, your templates are good... that was not the issue. The issue is where some people are not being straight with their clients on what they are offering. If you are straight, which am inclined to believe you are, otherwise you wouldn't come out to protest my note, that is admirable.

I mean, I have no issue with templated sites if they are advertised as such. By the way, I don't mind working hard, that's the difference between passion and just plain work. Anybody can get a template from monstertemplate.com and load it on their site with some simple editing of the content, but i guess, it does require a professional to do the real image customization as is on your site. That is not in despute either, I do understand that the hardest part in customization is actually the graphics, since some like templatemonster.com and what you carry on your site is most already done as full site packages. Your ability to customize this to your clients liking is great and your work does look good.

and as you said, each of us has their own talents, mine is coding and designing from scratch, yours is changing and customizing templates. I guess, we can agree that each has their own niche.

Fair.
                                      your_web_guy Adventurer
                                      awww... group hug!!! :D

You are totally right... we are definately more of a modification/customization company both in graphics and scripting as well. Doing things from scratch drives me nuts personally - i prefer to stand on the shoulders of giants. They make me look really tall LOL

one last point of contention - my no longer active clients are ones that went out of business... not that quit my service. There has only been one company that quit our service, and they are actually in the process of coming back to us (i just couldnt leave it at "high rate" of no longer active clients :p )

on a totally separate note - this was one of the nicest flame threads i have ever been a part of - its always nice to work with a professional ;)
                            dailywin Wayfarer
                            Please contact me clifton musgrove at daily_win@hotmail.com i am very interest.