Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2008 1:54 PM by Lighthouse24

Affecting your small business?

Tori Adventurer
      For those Community members living on the Gulf Coast, mainly Texas and Louisiana, how are the hurricanes affecting business? Is the harsh weather affecting anyone else?

Tori
        • Re: Affecting your small business?
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Affecting your small business?

Greetings everyone! I'm really excited to be here! Let me tell you a
          little about myself.
          I live, work, and play in New York City. I'm big
          on sarcasm and being blunt.
          And I hope we can work together to make this a great
          community.

How do I contact you, Email?? Phone number??

LUCKIEST
          • Re: Affecting your small business?
            Lighthouse24 Ranger

It's affecting my business because I have clients in the area who have their hands full right now with clean-up, recovery, and operational issues -- thanks to the weather. The kinds of strategic and developmental projects that I facilitate and support for them are on hold.

Some of the small businesses in the affected region are almost back to normal (for now), but many haven't even been able to start clean-up yet -- depends on where they are. There are homes and businesses in parts of South Texas that are still underwater from Dolly (Remember her, back in July? The federal disaster area for that storm covers 17,241 square miles -- considerably larger than all of Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Long Island combined). It's going to take awhile to get over that.

The good thing is that everyone pitched in immediately and continues to work together. People WANT their local businesses and workplaces open again, and are working as hard as they can to make that happen (which is good, because I don't think anyone in Hollywood is planning a giant benefit concert or relief event).