Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2008 5:05 AM by Bigdog3232

Starting an ESL/EFL school in the Philippines

ESLTEACHER Newbie
      Thank you first of all for reading my post. I and my partner are ESL teachers, more commonly known as "Native English speakers" working for Korean schools here in the Philippines. We have been planning to open our own school for the past two years. We have done feasibility studies as well as future studies concerning the industry. We have found that this is a very lucrative business, considering English is the gateway to the global market. We have located the ideal location for our school and have the staff ready at hand. We currently have a website parked on a friends server. www,tefla-edu.org for those of you who wish to visit the site and see for yourselves. Please be aware the email address and phone number currently listed are NOT operational as yet, but have been reserved. We have a business plan for those who may be interested in investing. Let us get to that now. We are looking for an investment from $80,000.00 to $100,000.00 only, as the cost to do business in the Philippines is inexpensive. After viewing the website and you feel you may be interested in such a venture please contact me at this listed email. Thank you
        • Re: Starting an ESL/EFL school in the Philippines
          CoachMike Wayfarer
          Hi,

Congratulations on your project. Could you tell me what the money you are looking for is going to be used in?

Have you done your projections as to cash flow?

Mike Crosa CPA, Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
          Helping my clients increase their bottom line.
          877-538-4395
          www.businessprofits.com
          coachmike@businessprofits.com
            • Re: Starting an ESL/EFL school in the Philippines
              ESLTEACHER Newbie
              Hi,
              The money will be used to convert the existing top floor into classrooms along with furnishing them with the appropriate materials needed for each classroom. Also we will be using the funds to renovate some areas in the existing resort, as well as furnishing and purchasing office supplies both academic and administrative. Marketing is in the budge as well. We have done our cash flow projections including agent projections. We have a complete itemized list of supplies and materials needed for this project. I would however like to point out we are not looking for those interested in "hot" money as EFL/ESL schools are long term. We see ourselves in high demand, as we are quite different from other ESL/EFL schools in Asia. (Our census has led us to this).
              Thank you for your reply