Post a new topic
    15 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2008 3:02 PM by NatOnline

Is google advertisers declined?

NatOnline Tracker
      Hi,

I noticed from my own observations that there is less advertisers on Google search engine.

Did you notice the same?

Thank you
        • Re: Is google advertisers declined?
          HarmikBurbank Wayfarer

I don't think Advertisers declined,, how ever the amount of the click gone down..
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
              NatOnline Tracker

I opened this thread because on many search terms the advertisers disappeared on google right column, so I am wondering why they are gone perhaps due to the sour economy.
                  Iwrite Pioneer
                  I think businesses are finding better and more efficient allocations for their advertising dollars online. The web is starting to mature to a point where businesses are starting to become more targeted in their efforts. It may be time for Google to reposition itself, other media has had to do that.

Budgets are not shrinking, efforts are becoming more focused for the clients I am working with. I do relize though that my clients tend to have bigger budgets. It may not be the same for smaller advertisers.
                NatOnline Tracker
                So Advertisers are targeting better their keywords/keyphrases which mean high price PPC, then seems like we all agree that there is less clicks.

Less clicks = Less traffic, so if I understood correctly the numbers show that there is less people on internet?

If there is less traffic meaning less potential customers, everybody selling on internet begun to be more agressive and some trying to cheat the system to rank as high as possible.

What do you think?
                    Iwrite Pioneer
                    Not exactly true. If you know where you are headed, do you need to do a search? What about bookmarking or creating favorite lists? The more people know where they are going the less they need to search - that does not mean there are less people on the internet. Actually, the numbers look like there are more and more people everyday, but they know where they are going.

This is why I have always believed in not relying too heavily on searches ALONE - it has limits as the audience gets more comfortable with the web. Banners and other media units could help increase the traffic that is being driven to your site.

I think as your business grows, you adapt. Searches become a part of your online arsenal, not your only weapon. Not having a marketing plan is unwise, the plan would have taken this into consideration and had something in place to maintain traffic. The customers are still here, they just aren't using search as much.

Before the web, how often did you have to use the yellow pages to find your favorite pizza place? Did you go and look up pizza every time you wanted it? No, the number was written down or on the refrigerator magnet or the coupon you picked up. Just because you weren't using the yellow pages as much didn't mean you weren't eating pizza. You already knew where you were going. That is what is happening with the web.

I think you get smarter about driving traffic to your site.
                        NatOnline Tracker
                        It depends on what field you are operating, and I don't think if you are in a lady market that they will bookmark a site and buy from the site forever.

The first thing people use when looking for products or information is using the search engines, this is why Google and Yahoo are multi millions dollars companies.

Ok let's following what you said about banners and medias. I guess you are not selling on internet, otherwisae you will know how much cost a banner displayed on high traffic site. The cost is apprimately $2000 a month. As far as the marketing in medias, it could cost you minimum $5000 for a business card ad per month.

So what you described is a marketing plan for big corporations not small businesses.

Yellow pages were a good marketing tool way back, but I can tell you that the news paper ads were efficient as well.

Google will never tell if their advertising Adwords system is falling down, because they got investors and shares in the market so it is too risky, the numbers will tell by itself.

Driving traffic depends on search engines whatever you think, more back links you've got and higher you will rank, that's basic.

If no sites rank then how people can find you on internet?
                            MotorDoc Wayfarer
                            NatOnline

Are you looking for advice on marketing through the internet?

I absolutely do not sell these services, but have an extremely successful publishing company and consulting firm where I use a specific online strategy with a virtually '$0' budget. I steer clear of companies that state that they will place your company, website, etc. because my past results have been bunk. However, I have been able to ensure that anytime any topic related to my company shows up in the top positions through some good old elbow grease.

I would be happy to discuss this in this forum.

Howard
                              MotorDoc Wayfarer
                              NatOnline

Are you looking for advice on marketing through the internet?

I absolutely do not sell these services, but have an extremely successful publishing company and consulting firm where I use a specific online strategy with a virtually '$0' budget. I steer clear of companies that state that they will place your company, website, etc. because my past results have been bunk. However, I have been able to ensure that anytime any topic related to my company shows up in the top positions through some good old elbow grease.

I would be happy to discuss this in this forum.

Howard
                                  NatOnline Tracker
                                  I am always looking for advises if they can bring me something new :)
                                      MotorDoc Wayfarer

First - if you want to drive people to your site, educate, educate, educate!

Most people act based upon WIIFM (What's In It For Me) - even though you are a retail site and you have lots of interesting things there (I looked), I have no idea what the stuff would do for me or my significant other. Teach me what the items are, how to apply, why should I use them? People come to the internet for information and purchase if they fully understand. A key item to remember is that you want your site to come up when people are looking for specific information on the solutions you provide. Right now if you search for your product lines, how many sites would come up? If your primary focus is yourself, or static 'here is what we have,' your success is going to be limited.

Second - broadcast as well as educate

Yes, that is right, educate yet again. Start up a newsletter where you are providing interesting information that people will want to read and pass on to others who will also sign up for your newsletter. For instance, my present list is over 7500 world-wide that are rebroadcast to up to 100,000+ worldwide through other sites. It took a LONG time to build up this list, but I am not lacking for work and my book sales continue to increase.

Third - Announce!

Get your information on business cards, your email, printed materials, etc. The website should not be your primary source of advertising - there are way too many websites in existence and the chances that someone will find yours without help is pretty low.

Fourth - Publish and Present

Try to publish articles in your local paper, online websites, white papers on your site, other peoples' newsletters, etc. with links to your site and email. These should be educational, focused in how your products are applied and your prospects' self-interests, etc.

If you notice, the trend is to focus on your client, their needs (WIIFM), and educate them, not only will you find that your sales will begin to increase, the number of repeat customers will also increase, and your customers will be more forgiving when things go awry.

Howard
                                MotorDoc Wayfarer

Actually, I tried using the Google Adsense system for about two months and paid very close attention to it. Even though I would keep blocking specific sites and the agreements for the click sites say that they are not to click on their own advertising to generate cash, there were a few strange things that occurred. For one thing, my potential clients work during specific times of the day and my topics fit in specific sites. I noticed that individual sites would max out my clicks every day and when I blocked them the same thing would happen at another site, and so on, all right after midnight.

For someone trying to show management that their marketing is getting a lot of clicks to the website, I think it is one way of doing so. However, you need to watch very, very closely. Personally, I think it is a great way for Google to make money, I could not associate a single sale to Adsense. I would think that others are starting to figure this out, as well.

When I shut down the account, as I had stopped all of my ads, but was somehow still getting clicks(!?!) charged directly to my corporate card by Google, I told them I would be very happy to recommend any of my competitors use their program.

Howard
                                    NatOnline Tracker
                                    Hello Howard,

I guess we had the same experience with Google Adwords. Clicks fraud is pretty common, I also received clicks from Google after I closed my account, how can you trust this system?

It is a waste of money if you are not an expert in Adwords system anyway.
                                        MotorDoc Wayfarer
                                        hmmm... I appear to be double posting today!

Yes, I agree. I took a week off to make myself an expert, bought some of the books, followed their advice, set my bid rates, used their demographic services, complained about click fraud, and still spent approximately $200+ per week. Their answer was to recommend increasing my limits, which I did not do. I found that it did not matter how much time I spent on monitoring, adjusting, etc. My response to them was not very flattering.

Howard