Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2008 4:40 PM by michellesnap

New business startup- financing assistance needed

michellesnap Newbie
      Hi, my name is Michelle and I am brand new to this. My husband and I are starting a diner in the Dallas area, and are looking for some financing assistance. We had a friend that was going to help with the financing, but she has backed out at the last minute. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I just really don't know where to start. We estimate that we will need around $15k to start. Thanks!
        • Re: New business startup- financing assistance needed
          LUCKIEST Guide
          New business startup. Welcome Michelle

Why not start by telling us how to reach you (in Texas??).

You are looking for financing. For how long??

Have you developed a Business and Marketing Plan??

Good luck, LUCKIEST
              michellesnap Newbie
              The diner does have a location. It is located adjacent to a senior living community, and within a 2 mile radius of The UT Southwestern Medical Center, Children's Medical Center and Parkland Hospital. We are also within 2 miles of Dallas Love Field Airport and Brookhollow Country Club. The location is great. In addition, there are very few non-fast food establishments in the area that are not Mexican food.

The $15,000 will be going mostly to construction to increase the size of the dining area while decreasing the size of the kitchen. The kitchen is unnecessarily large, and we need the dining space more than we would need the kitchen space. My husband used to be a general contractor, so he is doing that himself. In addition, this will cover other expenses, such as permitting, beginning inventory, etc. We do have accounts set up with food vendors, however, we would like to be able to buy some of the inventory with cash.

As I said, the kitchen is very large, and we actually have some catering companies that are interested in using the kitchen for their food preparation, which will help us with our monthly rent expenses.
              Howard Adventurer
              Hello Michelle. Sorry to hear about your situation. Have you tried family? If not, maybe you can consider your bank.
                Fortis Wayfarer
                Hi Michelle,

Hope your day is well. Tell us a bit more about your diner that your starting.

Does the diner have a location yet? Is there going to be build out? Whats the $15K going towards?