Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2008 7:33 PM by Leatherman

New Business Starting Up

Leatherman Newbie
      Looking for startup capital. I am taking my hobby of leather tooling and making it a small business. I just got a sacred spot at the Texas Renaissance Festival this year when someone lost their spot. I have predicted about $20,000(low ball figure without making an effort for sales) earned at the Festival this year, plus I have already received over $250 in pre orders for the Festival to start with. I also have two bar/clubs that are looking at using my services to create leather koozies for their business.
      I have done up a business plan, just need to get it professionally printed. I have less than 30 days to get atleast $5000 to $10000 to get more tools and supplies to be ready for opening day of the festival. Plus, my credit score is real low after some life changes over the last 6 years.
      I owned and operated a small subcontracting company for 7 years successfully, till I sold it to my employees.
        • Re: New Business Starting Up
          LUCKIEST Guide
          New Business Starting Up, Welcome Leatherman

Sounds interesting and exciting. Tell me more. Maybe your first name??

Where you are located?? Many hobbies turn into profitable businesses.

Can I read your Business Plan (before you print it up). You can email it to me
          at " pdeig@juno.com "

Good luck, LUCKIEST
              Leatherman Newbie
              Hello Luckiest,
              My first name is Lee, at the moment, I still have my business plan on paper, getting typed up this week for a rough draft and then go for printing. I would be happy to send you a copy of the rough draft once I get it on the computer here. I am located in Huntsville, TX.
              On Saturday, I received another $250 in orders, motorcycle seat to be reupholstered, it sucks not having any supplies to receive this money.
              Plus, I seen that you are looking for hotel type projects, I am going to be doing a business plan for my mom and I's idea of taking our family castle in England and replicating it into a bed in breakfast/hotel type business by the Texas Renaissance Festival, especially since the closest hotel is over 15 miles away, and we have found a nice 10 acres of land to put it on, confidently located right behind the Festival Grounds. This bed in breakfast/hotel would be a castle style all the way to the rooms and hallways(no hotel/motel standard rooms).

If there is any questions please feel free to ask

Lee
              Texas
              Fortis Wayfarer
              Leatherman,

Good afternoon, hope the day is well. I have read your post and curious to know what all the money will go towards. Equipment? Working capital?
                  Leatherman Newbie
                  Fortis,
                  Thank you for your interest in my venture. The money I am asking for would be to obtain tools and supplies. I have priced my product line to reasonable, but profitable prices for my customers. I have a few tools, but I am shy of all the exact tools I need to tool designs on the leather products.
                  If there is any more questions that you may have feel free to ask.

Lee
                  Texas