coverexile Newbie
      Why are my posts not being posted? I'm not posting anything wrong,
      just looking for advice??
        • Re: Test
          Fortis Wayfarer
          Seems to be ok. How can we help you?
              coverexile Newbie
              Ok, guess the mods like me afterall.I've had 3 posts not show up, oh well.

My question is, do traditional banks still lend to growing businesses showing revenue growth
              each year. Do they look at increasing revenue each year, good personal credit to personally
              guarantee the loan, business assetts such as equipment,some old,some new, some real estate.
              A good business plan to show what your plans are for future growth.Guess I ask cause with todays
              credit crunch I was curious if it was worth approaching traditional banks.
                coverexile Newbie
                I just my same question AGAIN, yet it does not show up????? I have no clue what's going on.
                wfajardo Wayfarer
                Looks good to me!
                  Lighthouse24 Ranger

I believe the system has some MAJOR problems -- it is frustrating to a lot of us, so don't take it personally. I have been an active member for about ten months, and during the past several weeks, all kinds of odd things have been happening. Fewer than half of my posts have shown up during that time (none were offensive, and some contained detailed information and advice that I think would have been very helpful to the people asking questions). So you're not being "singled out," and probably aren't doing anything wrong.

If you look at the info under your user name, it says that you have made 4 posts . . . yet you've earned 65 points. So you're obviously getting "credit" for the posts that aren't appearing. (I saw a post from a new member the other day -- it was his first day and only his second post, but he had somehow accumulated 384 points already!)

I've noticed that the board is generally in chronological sequence, then it suddenly isn't -- things that are two months old are suddenly at the top, and some of the discussion posts from the current day (that were in active page 1 or page 2 threads before that happened) are gone. That suggests some "right hand, left hand" administrative issues among the IT folks, moderators, and Community Team. It could also be that this community has grown larger than they anticipated and they just don't have the necessary infrastructure and support processes in place to maintain it with any stability. Members keep speculating, but I've not seen any "official" info/response to concerns like these as yet.

Best wishes.
                      Lighthouse24 Ranger
                      P.S. Just to clarify the above . . . the "points from Forum posts" and the "email watch list" portions of the system appear to be stable and functioning accurately -- it's the threads themselves where posts don't show up (or they do, then disappear). I received two points when a post that's now "missing" first appeared, and I continue to get e-mails when someone else posts to that thread -- yet my post is gone.
                          coverexile Newbie

Thanks Lighthouse. Let's try this here again. Gotta successfull long term business. Been around
                          for 20 years. Like all business, some up years,some down, all a cycle. Last couple a years been real
                          good and we are showing longevity and growth. Good revenue so far this year. Wanna get a loan, but
                          from a bank. Wanna talk to actual bankers, no offense to all the cash advance unsecured line cos.,but
                          a real bank. But,do traditional banks still lend to small business? One that is continuing to grow. Owner
                          has good credit,we gotta biz plan,why we wanna borrow, all that. Acct says,why ya wanna borrow,ya making
                          good money. But I don't want to mess up my cash flow, think it better to use banks money to continue our

growth. Isn't the idea to keep movin ahead and making money? The money we make from our profits we been

putting back to the biz. I make enough I can service the debt so the bank gets pd, we continue to make money,

and I can start putting money back now so I can eventually retire. So are banks still small biz friendly? Oh and

if I got some real estate, would they just take over the 1st note and have that for collateral?
                            coverexile Newbie

Do traditional banks still lend to small business? Seems like a silly question but with this here
                            credit crunch may not be that silly a question. Long time in business, good revenue,looking good
                            here in 08. Have a biz plan and all that. Acct.says,why ya wanna borrow,your making money. Yeah
                            but I put it all back in the biz. Time to use the banks money to continue to grow, service the debt,
                            and start putting more back so I can retire one day. Plus have some collateral,equipment and real
                            estate they can take over the 1st note. Are there still old school banks loaning to good small biz?
                                coverexile Newbie
                                hey I made it!!!!
                                  Fortis Wayfarer
                                  The traditional banks have tightened their guidelines due to the major losses they are reporting. Products are either being taken away from their reps or made increasingly hard for them to get their customers approved.

The reps I work with at the traditional banks openly admit that they do not want the loans and the banks dont offer them incentive to find loans only commercial checking/savings accounts.

Traditional banks dont usually have the best programs anyways. Private lenders who dont have as strict of guidelines are usually more aggressive on their approvals and rates.

What type of capital are you seeking and for how much?
                                    Fortis Wayfarer
                                    To answer your question traditional banks have tightened their guidelines due to the major losses they are reporting. Products are either being taken away from their reps or made increasingly hard for them to get their customers approved.

The reps I work with at the traditional banks openly admit to me that they do not want the loans and the banks don't offer them incentive to find loans only commercial checking/savings accounts.

Traditional banks don't usually have the best programs anyways. Private lenders who don't have as strict of guidelines are usually more aggressive on their approvals and rates.

What type of capital are you seeking and for how much?
                                        coverexile Newbie
                                        Well frankly I found the opposite. I took my business plan,last 3 year personal and business returns
                                        to a smaller local bank. They spent over 2 hours with me discussing what the best way to package
                                        the loan. I've shown great growth over the last three years and they were all about it. You show you
                                        are making money and moving ahead they're all about you. They wanted me to bring my business
                                        deposits to them which is fine. What can you offer?
                                          coverexile Newbie

The bank I approached was a local community bank. They were all about it. I have good revenue,
                                          have shown great growth the last 3 years and they were impressed. Our 2008 ytd revs are already
                                          ahead of total 07 revs. Traditional banks will work w/ya if you bring them something.

What can your company bring to the table?
                                            coverexile Newbie
                                            Did this go through?
                                                coverexile Newbie
                                                Fortis, I went to a smaller community bank and showed them a business plan, growing revenues
                                                for the past 3 years.They met w/me for 2 hours today and saw the debt could be serviced and the cash flow is there.
                                                They were all about helping me.
                                                coverexile Newbie
                                                I am curious though what all your company offers? Is it just equipment, or can ya get a unsecured
                                                line of credit?
                                                    Fortis Wayfarer
                                                    Hi coverexile,

Hope all is well. We cannot really come in the forum and advertise what we do. This is more of an advice forum. Thats why a lot of posts get erased.

Yes we do more than equipment and yes I can be competitve with any local bank. NO we do not do unsecured loans unless its small stuff maybe under $100K. If your looking for a larger loan and you found an unsecured loan with your bank with no behind the scenes blanket liens then I think you should take it. What you need to determine is what is it going to cost you. I explained traditional banks want the checking/savings and you mentioned they already said its a must. What else will it cost you? I generally only work with bankers so I know their products pretty well.

Feel free to ask me any more questions. Email is in the profile.

Thanks
                                              coverexile Newbie
                                              Thx Lighthouse, I tried posting the same small business question agai. Still no post!!!

I give up!
                                              LUCKIEST Guide
                                              On Aug 26, the SBOC Team wrote

"Hello Community,

*To better increase your experience in the forums, we have made
                                              enhancements to our filters to uphold*
                                              *the integrity of the quality of
                                              content. Thank you and keep posting those great questions"*