Post a new topic
    7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2008 7:58 PM by DMIGUY

FOREIGN INVESTORS WANTED

DMIGUY Adventurer

I build retail shopping centers, and commercial office centers. While the retailers are skittish these days, and putting off new openings until 2010, 2011, or even 2012, land owners are starting to realize that the bubble has long since burst, so development deals are starting to make sense again. The only problem is that American fund sources for such work are so distraught and tied up that it will be several years before they come around. The deals are out there now.

I know, the mortgage brokers in the community will tell me they still have money, but I've found it's just too tight. If I could give them the guarantees they need, I wouldn't need them in the first place.

I'm looking for foreign investors, where their economy is better and their money is worth more. The time and market are conducive for them to get into the real estate market here and now. Most of the huge developers are also seeking out these investors, but since I'm doing business on a smaller scale, I'm looking for relatively small investors.

Most deals are between $5 million and $25 million. Return would of course be based on risk, but reducing the risk is exactly what I do.

If anyone knows of resources where I could find or solicit such investors, it would be appreciated.

Thanks
      Bob