Post a new topic
    6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2008 12:11 PM by VisionDance

    S corp help

    k100001 Newbie

      I am full time salaried employee and now i want to form my own S copr company but I do not have any idea how to go for that. What are procedure requierd to form the company and how much money is required to register the company?. Please provide any guidance or website link to get me started. I appreciate for your help.

        • Re: S corp help
          DMIGUY Adventurer
          Piece of cake to do it yourself, but unless you know the difference between the types of corporations, definately see an account for guidance.

          Anyway, go to hit Electronic Filing and follow from there. It's under $100. That will set up the corporation. You will then need to select your type of corp, and afterwards you should file for your EIN (Employee Identification Number) and even have file an 1120S with the IRS. File your annual report on the same website, and then you should take all of these documents and go to a bank and open up a checking account. Last, go to the local municipality and get your Occupational License. Then, if you have not already done so, go see an accountant. You're in business.

          The whole process, accountant and all should cost you less than $500.

          Good Luck.
          • Re: S corp help
            LUCKIEST Guide
            S corp help, Hi and welcome.

            It is very easy to form your own s corp. Do you have a Business Name??

            You can go to and get a Federal I D Number

            Go to Members page and tell us more about yourself and your business.

            Then there is SCORE, SCORE is FREE both in person and on line and they can help you,

            Good luck, LUCKIEST
            • Re: S corp help
              Mybizfiler Adventurer

              If you are a Citizen or Resident of US, you can very well form S Corp. To Qualify for S Corp, the corporation must have maximum of 100 shareholders.

              The S Corporation is a Standard Corporation that has elected a special tax status with IRS and need to file Form 2553. The S Corp. must need to complete a tax return but does not pay taxes directly. The shareholders report the income or losses on their individual tax return and avoid the possibility of double taxation.


              Forming an S Corp is a complicated work; we at ICS, Inc would certainly help you forming an S Corp and provide end to end solutions for incorporation services. It's not worth all the time you spend for a task which firms like ours (mybizfiler) charges close to nothing. At ICS (, we, at a very competitive price (1/4th of charges a typical CPA charges) take care of your complete Incorporation Services listed below.


              We provide the following Incorporation Services:


              •1. End to End entity formation


              •2. Provide corporate minutes, corporate supplies, annual reports and registered agent services.


              •3. Protect intellectual property with us by using our trademark, patent and copyright services


              •4. Create Estate Planning Documents - Trusts and Wills


              •5. Additional Business Services - Amendments, Bylaws and resolutions, State Tax ID etc.


              For more information on election of S Corp. and its advantages you can visit our informational Blog site:


              You can reach Mr. Nirmal Jain (Senior Manager) at 469-713-2541 and can mail him at, as he is very well experienced and knowledge in incorporation services.



              ICS can help you and your business. ICS, Inc ( offers a wide range of services typically offered by a Big 5 Accounting firm and a CPA firm in the U.S. ICS offers Incorporation, Book Keeping, Payroll Services, HR & Business Consulting etc.

              Contact ICS today at 203 437 4083, e-mail -, or by accessing 24/7 chat page on

              Best Regards,

              • Re: S corp help
                m.rick Wayfarer
                If you are a US citizen or a resident alien you can and it is fairly easy. First file in your state for a corporation. When it is approved get an EIN number from the IRS, also remeber to file an S election eith the IRS. All corporations are c corps util the IRS approve the s election. Go to it has some straight forward info about doing it yourself and a link to all secretary of states so you can file yourself. Good Luck
                • Re: S corp help
                  Bridge Navigator
                  If you are in Florida, you can file online very easily as DMIGUY pointed out.

                  Most states have some type of online electronic filing.

                  I have created several corps. in FL and the on-line filing takes less than 15 minutes and is very straight forward.

                  1) File online with state
                  2) Get EIN from the IRS (also very easy)
                  3) File the S corp election (Form 2553)
                  • Re: S corp help
                    VisionDance Newbie
                    Hi there,

                    I recently started a new dance school and formed an S Corp. I was a little nervous about handling it myself and didn't want to hire an expensive attorney. After a lot of research, I used Corp America. Here's there website:


                    The were relatively inexpense, very thorough, informative and fast.

                    I hope this helps!