Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2008 11:50 AM by BRMcHenry

What was your experience with SCORE and SBDCs?

Milleisen Scout

For those who have gone to SCORE or a SBDC (Small Business Development Center) for assistance, what was your overall experience?
        • Re: What was your experience with SCORE and SBDCs?
          LUCKIEST Guide
          What was your experience with SCORE

As you know, I am a SCORE Counselor and I think that most people who visit SCORE
          both in person and online come away with a positive experience.

SCORE "Counselors to America's Small Business" is a nonprofit
          association dedicated to educating
          entrepreneurs and the formation,
          growth and success of small business nationwide.
          SCORE is a resource
          partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).

Thanks for asking, LUCKIEST
          • Re: What was your experience with SCORE and SBDCs?
            BRMcHenry Adventurer
            It has been 4 years since, but I tried both. I have positive comments to say about SBDC even though I do not continue to use their services I would call again if the situation was right. SCORE unfortunately could not help me. My business stopped growing or "peaked" about 4 years ago and then started a steady decline. About 3 months into that I contacted SCORE and due to the nature of my business they said there was really nothing they could offer in terms of advice or help. In the "counselors" view I'd tried most everything. Over the past 3 years plus I've continued to try new things and business is really lousy - even worse now (this is not for the Baskin Robbins I own but a coffee house type of business nearby). I could not see myself calling on SCORE again.