Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2008 7:35 PM by money_buz

Shop Jspec is looking for an investor ASAP!

ShopJspec Newbie
      Hello All,

I am 22 years old and started my business about 2 years ago.

Shop Jspec is an automotive performance parts dealer. We are an ecommerce shop and now we are trying to become a manufacturer.

I have found over the past two years that selling other companies products does not yeild a high or even decent profit that anyone can live on unless you are selling about $5000 in products a day.

Now I have looked into manufacturing and private labeling my own products and the profit margin is a lot higher.

For example:

To manufacture carbon fiber hoods the min. order is 25 hoods per style per car.

each hood costs around $250

$6250 total cost of 25 hoods

MSRP for these hoods would be $600 for the OEM style (stock style) hoods and $800 for the vented hoods.

The whole point of manufacturing is to sell to distributors and let them sell to the small dealers.

The price that these hoods would sell to the distributors would be $300 for the OEM style and $400 for the vented hoods

This does not seem like a huge profit margin if you are selling one at a time. The point is to sell about 10 to 20 hoods at a time!

Also this brand of hoods, fenders, trunks, and so on will promise a perfect fit all the time.

I would like to start the company small and grow as the sales come in. I want to hit the nissan 350z market and the infiniti G35 market, due to these markets being the ones that spend the most money on there cars.

The amount of money I would like to start out with is $10,000.

If you have any questions please feel free to email me @ joseph@shopjspec.com

Joseph
        • Re: Shop Jspec is looking for an investor ASAP!
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Shop is looking for an investor. Welcome Joseph

Tell me more. Where are you?? How long have you been in business??
          Who is going to manufacture the hoods for you??

Have you developed a Business and Marketing Plan that i can read??
          Do you know about SCORE?? SCORE is FREE

Good luck, LUCKIEST
              ShopJspec Newbie

First off thank you luckiest for responding to my post.

My company is located in Glendale CA. I currently work out of my house.

I have been in business for a little over a year now.

JE CARBONS:

I already got warehouse space that is being loaned to me through a friends company. The hoods will be manufactured over seas in asia. I have already seen the quality of work these guys do... It's simply amazing!

The hoods are going to be replicas of carbon fiber hoods that, very reputable, japanese companies already make and sell for $5000 a piece.

I did a lot of thought already and did a lot of research and now it's time to put this plan in to action. I already have a few major distributors that are very interested in selling the products to smaller dealers. Meaning they will be buying bulk.

I have not heard of score... please tell me more about it.

Joseph
              money_buz Newbie
              I can get you the working capital you require to begin your venture.

I will purchase a portion of your future credit/debit card sales volume. I can get you the funds in 7-10 days.

There is no personal guarantee required
              no collateral, no fixed payments, no interest, no closing costs, and no prepayment penalties.

This will not affect your credit report and will help your debt to income ratio.

Call me for further details

Blake Moody 512-276-2682