Post a new topic
    10 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2008 3:06 AM by jakeguth3

Vanishing Posts

Lighthouse24 Ranger

This is something new . . .

I made five posts this morning. All of them showed up in their respective threads (none were held for review). Now all five are gone, as well as two I made late yesterday (I continue to get e-mails when new posts are made to these threads, so mine were definitely there once). I rewrote one of them about an hour ago and posted it here:

Pointers needed for my slow starting food service business

It showed up immediately, and now it's gone.

These were not spam or "cut and paste" replies (you guys know I don't do that). These were specific responses to member's business questions.

If the Community Team can investigate this and see if there is a technical problem, I'd appreciate it.

If another member is marking everything I put up as inappropriate, I hope you'll agree that contacting me to resolve whatever the problem is it would be better than taking information out of the hands of others in the community. Feel free to contact me through the website listed in my profile.

Thank you.
        • Re: Vanishing Posts
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Vanishing Posts,

Lighthouse, I saw a few of your posts this morning.

About two weeks ago, another person was was also complaining about posts being deleted.

There is a "mark as inappropriate" on the bottom right. There is NOT delete that I know of.

I also posted an answer TWICE this morning and it said that the committee would have
          to review my answer before the post was submitted. Still no answer.

L
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
            snipperred Scout
            Someone removing your responses, if that was possible, would be doing a major disservice to this community and should be permanently banned.
              Milleisen Scout
              I'm having similar issues....
                Lighthouse24 Ranger
                Here's an update: I made six posts this past weekend -- five of which appeared in their respective threads immediately, but four of which are no longer there (although I continue to receive e-mails when someone else posts to those threads). One was held for review on Saturday, but showed up this morning.

I started this thread a week ago Sunday, so all eleven of my "vanishing posts" so far (i.e., posts that were there in the thread, then they weren't) were made and disappeared on a Saturday or Sunday. Everything I posted on the five weekdays between is still there. Perhaps there was some type of system work or recovery that caused the threads set back to an earlier state (but two weekends in a row?). Who knows . . .
                    Matthew Wayfarer

I would like one of my personal posts from last March deleted from the forum. Who do I get ahold of to do that and how do I find them? A lot of you may want to look into something I discovered. When "googling" my company name this forum shows as one of the links and actually shows the whole post. The post was in March asking for capital advice, and down the road if someone is looking up my company and sees it would make them question where I am and what im doing.

Thanks
                        LUCKIEST Guide
                        Vanishing Posts

Matthew, You have the opposite problem of what seems to be happening.

*Vanishing Posts. On the right side of the page is Forum Tips*
                        *"Please post carefully. You
                        can't edit a post after you've
                        submitted it".*

How to delete. Good question, LUCKIEST
                          Lighthouse24 Ranger
                          Matthew, you could try reporting the post as inappropriate (explaining that's it's YOUR post and no longer relevant) . . . the moderators might take it down then.
                              jakeguth3 Adventurer
                              I also have had several of my own and some of the people that works for me posts vanish. Yet they show in my contributions section. 1 out of 10 of my posts went through. What shows in my contributions I only assume is the TOPICS that I posted in not the actually post count. This is really starting to wear thin on me and others that I know use these forums. The sad thing is. Some of the replies had some very good information for the people that was asking for help or suggestions.

So if by any chance a Staff member stumbles onto this topic it would be nice to have them posted and or contact me personally so we can resolve these issues.

If anyone knows of any solution to this problem please let me know!