Post a new topic
    7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2008 4:05 AM by Emilyecho

help with a small business

mar001 Newbie
      Hi, I would like to know how can I start on a small business. I was thinking to open a laundry with my mother but I really don't know how can I start. can someone help me on how can I start a business. please!
        • Re: help with a small business
          Milleisen Scout
          You should begin writing a business plan. It will force you to think about all the obstacles you may face, and how you will overcome them. It doesn't have to be a novel, it doesn't have to be a masterpiece, so don't let the idea that it needs to be perfect scare you!

Examples: Competition - are there many laundramats in the area? Location - are you in a visable area? Target Market - Who will your customers be and why will they partonize you?

There is a wealth of information on the internet that will give you a blue print for writing a business plan. If you want to outsource it (ie pay someone else to write it), guys like me will do it, but the more of it you do the better you will know if this venture makes sense for you.

I've noticed over the years that entreprenuers often ignore major red flags that are uncovered while writing a business plan. What I mean is that while you are researching your competition, if you learn that there are 5 laundramats in the area and 2 went under last year, this may be a sign that your area is saturated. That's an extreme example, but my point is that if as you write your plan, let the facts guide your decisions, not your desire to own a business. It could save you thousands in the long run.
            Lighthouse24 Ranger
            To add to the previous answer, there is a book on the subject that several operators in that business recommend:

http://www.mountainpublishingusa.com/book_info.html

Hope that helps. Good luck!
              LUCKIEST Guide
              help with a small business, Welcome

Tell us more. Where are you?? What is your background??

Be happy to help you with info on how you can start a small business.

Milleisen was very helpful. SCORE can also help. SCORE is FREE.

Good luck, LUCKIEST

joyenterprise Wayfarer
                If you are open to other business options, this is an opportunity worth checking out.

www.joyenterprisewj.com Request the password if you want more information.
                  seaside742 Newbie

Have you thought of being an independent shaklee distributor??

Take a look at my website to see if it is something you are interested in...

www.shaklee.net/hippiechick

email me anytime at: greenhippiechick@yahoo.com

It is a great way to have your own business without having to pour lots of money into it each month.

Mybizfiler Adventurer

Starting a Home Business, you can form LLC. Starting a business is not that easy as we think. It requires a business plan and a lot of market research and involves your time. We would be helping you preparing business plan but it cost you.

We at ICS, makes your task easy and help you providing incorporation of a business in US and provide complete incorporation services at competitive pricing

You can reach Mr. Nirmal Jain (Senior Manager) at 469-713-2541 and can mail him at nirmal.jain@mybizfiler.com, as he is very well experienced and has considerable knowledge in incorporation services.

For more information and details please visit ICS web site http://www.mybizfiler.com/.

You can also visit our informational blog site: http://mybizfiler.wordpress.com/.

Disclaimer: ICS does not offer legal services or legal advice, but only generic information on legal subjects. ICS is not an attorney or law firm and not a substitute for an attorney or law firm
                      Emilyecho Wayfarer
                      Depends of the type of online business and online store providers. My small online store goes well now because my online store provider fastcommerce.com gives me a good search engine website and many customers can easily find me in big search engines such as google, yahoo, msn, aol.