Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2008 11:10 PM by dju7y25

Business License

dju7y25 Newbie
      If I were to start a business in service/repairs do I need a business license? or is fictatious business name ok?
        • Re: Business License
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Business License, Welcome

Tell us MORE. Where?? What kind of business. It would be great to have a Business Name.

There is a company called businesslicenses (one word) that if you tell them the type
          of business and zip code, they will tell you all the licenses you need.

SCORE can also help. SCORE is FREE.

Good luck, LUCKIEST
              dju7y25 Newbie
              Thank you for the advice. For example, my neighbor had his car fix by this mobile auto repair company and I was really interested in investing my time in that business. The basically just repairs mainly plastic bumpers and nothing more. They repair the damage plastic bumper and paint it if needed. Do you need any type of license for that type of busines?
              Lighthouse24 Ranger
              While SCORE is free, that other service mentioned above starts at $100 and can run much, much more -- just to tell you what your state, county, and city are obliged to tell you for free. Visit those local government websites first -- most make it pretty easy to understand what's required. In general, if you are servicing/repairing something that requires a permit, an inspection, is regulated in some way, or has a potential environmental impact then is likely that you'll need some type of state or local license. If not, you probably won't. For example: irrigation systems - probably; bicycles - probably not.

Hope that helps. Best wishes.
              1 of 1 people found this helpful