Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2008 9:40 AM by Milleisen

Financial Literacy For Single Moms

thinkbig Newbie
      Financial literacy in this country is a joke. Many people
      don't even know how to balance their checkbooks. So I
      figured your either part of the solution or part of the problem.

My goal is to educate single moms on how to get their finances
      in order.

I am excited about this new business venture and I know this
      is part of my purpose here on earth.
        • Re: Financial Literacy For Single Moms
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Financial Literacy For Single Moms, Welcome Rick

How can i help?? I too would like to help people get their finances in order.

I am a Quickbooks Consultant would be happy to help set up your business or
          checkbook on Quickbooks FREE

You can contact me at pdeig@juno.com (please include a phone number)

LUCKIEST
              thinkbig Newbie
              Luckiest,

Thanks for the reply and the phone call. This is a new business that I and a friend
              are starting and we are in the infancy stage. We have alot of activity planned for
              single moms. Our goal is to help them attain economic self-sufficiency through
              education, entreprenuership and wealth accumulation. We do plan to either interview
              a quickbooks consultant or provide a workshop and invite one to come teach.

You offer is very generous and I will keep in touch.

Thinkbig
              Milleisen Scout
              I love the concept ThinkBig. I've been a guest speaker at events put on by organizations like you and talked about the basics of personal loans, business loans, and the importance of personal credit. You are absolutely correct that knowledge like this is badly needed.

With regards to your idea, I've heard many stories of women who let their husband handle all their financial affairs, and then due to a death or divorce, she ends up drowning. Kudos to you for the idea. I'd love to hear how this venture progesses for you, please keep us posted