online businesses? I'm hoping to find a site that would catalog
      business related sites by category (such as SEO, Pay per click
      advertising, blogging, e-commerce, etc.) It doesn't have to be limited
      to resources for online businesses as I also have questions regarding
      standard business issues such as incorporating, writing a business
      plan, etc. Until now I have been relying on google searches, but I
      figure somewhere out there exists a directory that would be helpful to
      someone like me.

If you know of any such directory of resources, please let me know. Thank you so much!
        • Re: Resources for starting & running an online business
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Resources for starting & running an online business, Welcome

Can anyone suggest a website that acts as a directory of resources for aspiring or existing

online businesses?? YES SCORE. SCORE has their own site. SCORE is FREE

and YES SCORE can be helpful to you.

Good luck, LUCKIEST

Basket_Guy Adventurer
            I agree with Luckiest, both SCORE and the SBA websites have a tremendious amount of helpful information and links that new business owners should read and understand. I also run an online business and found them to be a very helpful starting place
              Milleisen Scout

Are you looking for a resource to point you in the right direction when it comes to these issues, or for someone to walk you through each step? There are small business consultants that specialize in working with entreprenuers to get their business going (I happen to be one).

I once got a great piece of advice from an entreprenuer who sold his business from millions. He said that when starting a business, don't get too bogged down with he details until you know that your concept will work. In other words, start small and see where it goes. You could potentially spend hundeds or thousands by paying for incorporating, building a website, buying inventory, paying for marketing etc. Before you committ all those dollars, it makes sense to see if the market has any interest in your product (assuming its unique). Whatever you are selling, there is likely a trade show out there to test it or some other inexpensive way to test your product. If its e-commerce, the best way to learn a lesson is go on Ebay and see what kind of interest there is, and what the price point is for your products. You might just learn something about demand for the product and save yourself lots of time and money!

snipperred Scout
                Some good advice. Also check out Sta.rtUp.Biz
                  danielmorris Newbie

Go to http://www.homestead.com/ thay will have every thing you need.

Don't even bother with the free sites you will waste your time!
                    BetterMeInc Wayfarer
                    Agreed, SCORE, SBA, IRS as well as many other nonprofit and government agencies. You may contact us directly and we can help find a resource in your area specifically. Of course there are many websites available as well.

At Better Me, Inc. we provide consulting and the services you need from domains, business identity, and software solutions, to customer satisfaction and management...to name a few. We have a vast directory and are working on cataloging it online. We would love to speak with you more to find out how we can help you continue on your path to successful entrepreneurship.

Please visit our site at BetterMeInc.com and contact us through which ever channel you prefer (phone, email, social network, im, etc.)

Regards,

The Social Entrepreneurs
                    "a sugar free approach to coaching"
                      lalithabrahma Adventurer
                      I agree with milleisen. In my experience, I found that having knowledge alone is not enough. We need to make a decision and take consistent action. Very tough for business owners, but a MUST. You have mentiIoned "I am an aspiring entrepreneur hoping to create an online business". Are you clear about what services/product you will sell? Do you have a simple squeeze page to get the leads and send them information? I would first focus on my strength, get leads, build my list and find out what the market wants. As for resources I find gosmallbiz.com to be good

To Get your free educational series on how to protect your family and grow your business, visit www.lalithabrahma.com
                      Sign up for free newsletter at www.elbeeservicesllc.com for powerful tips on exploring the ENTREPRENEUR in YOU.
                        joyenterprise Wayfarer
                        I don't know of any such site. This forum seems to be a good place to start. This site is worth the click to check it out. www.joyenterprisewj.com