This discussion is locked
Post a new topic
7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2012 9:50 PM by thirddd RSS

I took your advice and revamped my website!  Check it out!!!

kevinferere Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
To Phillip and everyone else that gave me advice on my blog and my business site...THANK YOU!

Check 'em out!

www.prosperunlimited.com

I was able to setup the email subscription button on this site:

www.prosperunlimited.blogspot.com

Tell me what you think!!!
  • Re: I took your advice and revamped my website!  Check it out!!!
    A_Ellicott Novice
    I never saw your first site, so I hope it's okay to look over your current one.

Two thoughts that came to me quickly:
    1. The Introduction would be more effective if you made it personal. Put your photo there instead of a stock image. Write in the first person, "...there was a point in my life when ... that's when I learned..."
    2. Get rid of the Zazzle stuff at the bottom of the Shopping Page. It makes you look cheap. You're asking me to trust you with my personal finances while trying to make a few extra bucks selling me a t-shirt? No thanks. If you want to sell t-shirts and caps online get a different site for that.
    On the plus side, I like the overall tone; that it's not going to be easy, but can be done.
      kevinferere Newbie
      I got you on the t-shirt thing. I'll just put a link then.
        intechspecial Master
        kevinfere-

As a competitor I would probably respond with the following advice:

IF your site was better then mine and I thought you would be successful, I would tell you how horrible it was so you would change its theme.
        IF your site was lacking in quality, I would tell you how great it is so I would not have to worry about your business competing with mine.

As a NON competitor I might respond as follows:

As soon as you ask for a critique everyone becomes a master of marketing and design. If your site is horrible I might feel sorry for you and say it looks ok.
        I might also think you stole my idea and ask you to make a change that would hurt your efforts and not help.

The better question to ask is what do your visitors statistics say? How many sign up after visiting your site? How many come back? How long do they stay.

Better to assess your visitors then it is to ask someone to give you a potentially false response or tell you something from an unprofessional standpoint.

Check out http://www.google.com/analytics Google offers free web statistics as well as free webmaster tools that will increase traffic and help you to better asses the level of success of your website.
    Hopkism Novice

I like your website. Thanks for sharing. As a user the only problem I have is the music. Although I do enjoy the music it might be distracting if I am in a public place or not expecting it. The landing page is effective. I like the simplicity of it.

Any more plans with this one?

Youthful Investor - Investing for Twenty Somethings

Matthewbb Novice

Nice website, however I would not use a intro period or atleast give the option to play the intro and not automatically start. Also the only other thing is the logo, I would choose a different color so it does not blen so much into the background.

Thanks,

Matthew

Mad Cow Host/ Developer

Moderator_JoleK Master

Great responses!  Have they been helpful ?  Let us know!

Joleen

thirddd Apprentice

I'm going to be straight with you because I believe in people who have a dream and I want you to succeed.

I'd probably drop the intro video and music, elements like that are kind of outdated. Your home page should also give a short description of what it is you actually do. Consider dropping the Introduction page and placing that information on your home page. Honestly, I don't think the generic HTML template goes with the services you're trying to provide. Invest $25-$35 in a Wordpress theme and get your site looking like clean money. A good place for Wordpress themes is themeforest.net, they have a great selection of high quality themes and Wordpress is fairly easy to install. Get web hosting services from a place like HostGator and they'll help you install Wordpress if you can't figure out how to do it.

I do really like the background print, very classy. Also, great job on creating content for your blog, it looks like you constantly update it with new content which is a hard thing to do. Keep up the blog posts! Wordpress would be a great content management system that could end up enhancing your blog.

Good luck, you'll get there,

Jon

Internet Marketing Agency - Top Entrepreneurship Books

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 100 points
  • Helpful Answers - 100 points