Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2008 6:02 PM by hjs_23294

Seeking help with funding/financing

cgcitrus Newbie
      Need $35,000 for start-up of new citrus based carpet cleaning system. This system saved me over $3,000 in new carpet replacment cost in less then 3 hours. (aprox. 2600 sq. ft.)
      Contact Greg at 443-878-2480
        • Re: Seeking help with funding/financing
          Tracker

Have you created your business plan including financial projections?

If you have not done that yet the best starting point for you is to get what you want to do down on paper. Developing your business plan helps you to make your dream a reality; but only if you work at it to do the things necessary to reach your goal.

A good business plan is something that funding sources and/or prospective investors are going to want to see so that should be your priority at this point. Once you have your plan done, if it is solid and the business a viable opportunity and if you have good credit you may be able to get bank funding if you have the right collateral that they'll probably want.

You also may be able to find a local "Angel" investor who would provide some funding for you. You can search online for "angel investors" and you will find a number of resources and web sites that will help you find angel investors. Though most Angels that you find that way may be more interested in high growth businesses and larger transactions. Your best bet may be to check locally for smaller "angel" type investors that want to put smaller amounts of money into a business of your type.

You also might want to try "social lending" sites such as:

http://www.lendingclub.com/

https://us.zopa.com/

http://www.prosper.com/

There is a lot of good information and "business start-up" help to be found on this site from some of the professionals that participate in the community. Do a search for that and read more to get additional feedback that will help you with your business start-up.

Good luck and best wishes to you,
          Dennis Lowery
          Adducent, Inc.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            LUCKIEST Guide
            Seeking help with funding/financing, Welcome

Tell me more. How long have you been in Cape Canaveral, Fla??

How long do you need the 35K for?? What will the funds get you??

Do you have a Business Name?? How about a Federal I D Number??

Have you developed a Business and Marketing Plan that I can read??

How and when will you pay me back?? Do you have an Accountant??

LUCKIEST
              Milleisen Scout
              Greg - are you looking for a loan or an investor? As previous post suggests, you'll need to have a business plan if you hope to convince a lender or investor to lend/invest $35K. The business plan doesn't need to be a novel, but it should answer some basic questions. Anyone who is going to give you money will want to know that you have thought through all potential issues. That said, you'll need to show sufficient income (from an existing source, not from projected profits) and have decent credit if you hope to have a bank look at it. There is no such thing as a banker who reads a business plan and says "that's a great idea, you've got the loan!" Unless you can show that you have the ability to repay regardless of how the business does, it will be an uphill battle. Banks are not equity holders, so their return on a loan is limited, so they can only accept so much risk.

Hope that helps.

Jason Milleisen, Small Business Consultant
                My recommendation: Acquire some committed customers who will sign a contract with you.

Your bank (or any other) in the money lending business will more likely be interested in your business proposition.

$35,000 seems low, based on my limited understanding.

My rethorical quesiton: What portion of the $35,000 will be used for "operating funds" (including your living expenses)?
                  hjs_23294 Newbie
                  Hello my name is Trevor Brown.
                  I'm the manager of MCA "merchant-club of ameria" we help small to mid-size business just like yours with its working capital need. please call me soon as you can. My number direct is 1-800-374-9557