Post a new topic
    10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2008 9:35 AM by Kairikidrink

Seeking help with funding/financing

Kairikidrink Newbie
      I have a start up company. I have spent many years gaining the knowledge of the industry, getting the right contacts in the industry, developing my company, getting the right people to make it work. My weak point is raising funding to get it off the ground. I am looking at an opportunity that, in a way fell into my lap that would send the company through the roof.

I need help to raise the capital that will make this all come true. either with positioning my company to attract the right investors or in finding the right investors.

Is there anybody that can help me with this?
        • Re: Seeking help with funding/financing
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Seeking help with funding/financing, Welcome

You have a start up company WHERE?? WHAT kind of business??

I can help you raise the FUNDS. How do I get in touch with you??

LUCKIEST
              Kairikidrink Newbie
              I posted a little info yesterday. I'm in Southern California. The company is a sport supplement company. I have a golden opportunity sitting in front of me to take the company from where it is now, research on the formula is done; formula is
              finalized, named, label designed and ready for production. I have flavoring,
              manufacturing, shipping, warehousing, and expediting, packaging ready to go, to being a major competitor in a very short time. This position is set up to make a big impact then sell for a very large profit in a few years. This is based on my knowledge of my competitors, inside info and the people involved with me. If I can secure financing in the next few months the product will be the feature sponsor in a nationally televised event in February with more to come during the year. I already have nationwide marketing setup and other opportunities during the year. This is much more detailed than I want to post for the world to see. For the right person it will be very profitable.
              I am very serious and only want someone that is serious. I have spent wat too long dealing with people that are all talk. This is ready to go. My srong points are my knowledge of the industry, my ability to always get the job done in a bid way and my ability to make contacts and keep them. I'm an honest, hard working person and the people around me all appreciate that. My weak point so far has been my inability to convince angel investors of my ability to run a large company. For one, I look more like an athlete than a C.E.O.

If you are interested you can reach me at kairiki@ymail.com. from there I can give you my phone number
                  Milleisen Scout
                  how much capital are you looking for? GoBigNetwork might be a good place to check out if you have a significant need. If you need a less substanial amount, you could consider a site like prosper.com. The latter is the better choice if you don't want to give up equity in your company.

It sounds like you are pretty far down the road with the project. How have you financed your venture to this point?
                      Kairikidrink Newbie
                      I joined Gobig, after 5 days of their 7 day trail I tried to contact them. I was actually going to spend more money on them. Their web site says to call the 800 number to cancel or change your program, the 800 number then tells you to email them from their web site. I tried for 4 days emailing them and calling the 800 number. They have still not replied to any of my attempts to contact them. I have called my credit card company and filed a report to get my money back. As far as I'm concerned they are a scam and everybody should stay away from them
                          Milleisen Scout
                          Sorry to hear that about GoBig. How much are you looking to raise? How have you financed your venture so far?
                              Kairikidrink Newbie
                              What I have is a nationwide distributor ready to make my drink a priority for all his outlets. I have a promoter that has several nationally televised events that is going to make my company the number one sponsor, there are also many more levels to these agreements that will push the product quickly along with several other avenues of marketing and distribution I prefer not to talk about as they are not set in stone yet.

Ideally what I would like is $600K to start with a possible $400K to $500K in a year and a half if things run behind schedule.

Unable to secure funding I tried to use my own money until I could attract financing but it just wasn't enough to get things going. It was as I was running out of money that this opportunity came to me and I have been trying to get it going ever since

Btw, my debts which were over $100k will be all paid off before the end of the year.
                                  Milleisen Scout
                                  For that amount of capital, going the bank route might be tough unless you have some significant assets to put up as collateral.

Is this product currently on the market? Have you tested in on a small scale yet? The only reason I ask is that most businesses are local before they are national. I know a guy who began by selling coffee in supermarkets near where he lived, and eventully built it up to the point where a major beverage company bought him. It sounds like you have your heart set on "going big", but there's nothing wrong with a measured pace.
                                      Kairikidrink Newbie
                                      It's not that my heart is set on going big, it's that this promoter has dropped this opportunity in my lap and is waiting for me to grab it. There are a lot of other opportunities along with this that I am not going into online but this is a huge oportunity that will take a lot of hard work but it's as close as a guaranteed success on a very large scale as I have ever seen in business.

This is my own product, developed by me with the best chemist in the business, no one else has it. It is many times better than anything else in the same market. I was working on a small scale, in several convenience stores and health stores, promoting it in fitness shows and in local clubs and malls before I started having money problems. The formula has been tested in major University studies as well as I have personally tested it on some professional and amature athletes with very, very good results. In fact, they still ask me for some more of it every time I contact them.

I don't own a house and I know a mansion is what I need to get a loan for the amount that I need. Instead of buying a house I have spent the last 15 years living week to week, at one point living in my truck, trying to get to this point. Now that I am here it's been 1.5 years looking at this opportunity trying to find the answer. What I need is an Angel investor, or someone that is willing to work with me and help position the company to attract an Angel investor.

Honestly, if I told you the whole setup for this, you would be very excited. And it's very hard for me to live with every day being unable to take the opportunity.

There must be SOMEBODY out there that is willing to take a close look at this and will see that it will work. I just need to find that person