Post a new topic
    7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2008 5:08 PM by MotorDoc

New Business - Engineering firm

dannyvee Newbie
      I would like to start a new ENGINEERING FIRM in CT. Engineering Professionals willing to assist me in a grand opening, please reply. I can explain in detail the type of business.
        • Re: New Business - Engineering firm
          MotorDoc Wayfarer
          Hello Danny

My primary offices are located in CT. What type of engineering services?

Howard
            LUCKIEST Guide
            New Business - Engineering firm, Welcome

Tell me more. How soon do you plan on starting this firm?? Guessing that you are an engineer.

What is "This is a predictive maintenance company"??.

Have you developed a Business Plan??

Engineering Professionals willing to assist me in a grand opening?? My email is pdeig@juno.com

Good luck, LUCKIEST
                MotorDoc Wayfarer

Luckiest,

Thanks for pointing that out, I should have looked at the profile.

A predictive maintenance company is one that goes into industry/manufacturing/commercial concerns, performs repeatable testing on equipment and makes recommendations as to the ability of the machines to perform their work. It is actually the business I am in, as well. My focus is Reliability, Maintenance, Energy & Environmental consulting worldwide.

Now, back to the original topic. You can email me directly at howard@motordoc.com. I do not perform the services, I recommend them to my clients and help them sort through the programs. (www.motordoc.com).

Although, I am interested to know why you are looking for professional engineers to participate in the grand opening rather than potential clients such as building, reliability and maintenance engineers?

Which services are you offering? I see the vibration part, but are you also offering infrared, ultrasonics, motor diagnostics, etc.? And are you limited to the CT region? There are quite a few PdM companies in that area and the types of industrial/manufacturing/utility (power plants) are not as prevalent as they used to be.

Howard
                    dannyvee Newbie
                    PDM Technologies Offered:

Vibration Analysis for mechanical rotating equipment
                    Infrared Thermagraphy for electrical panels and distribution, heat loss, building and commercial
                    MCE Testing for motor circuits
                    Oil Analysis for Gearboxes and Hydraulic units
                    Proactive/Corrective: Field Balancing and Laser Shaft Alignment
                    Mechnical and electrical services for other corrective actions.
                        MotorDoc Wayfarer
                        Danny

Not too bad. What kind of experience and what territory?

Will you be attending the PdM-2008 conference in September?

Howard
                        1 of 1 people found this helpful
                            dannyvee Newbie
                            Howard,

I'd like to attend the conference, but my funds are very low. By the way where is this year?

Danny Vee
                                MotorDoc Wayfarer

Danny

Its the 15th through 18th of September in Omaha, Nebraska. The airfare isn't too bad. You should try giving Terry O a call, he sometimes likes to help out startup companies, such as helping with contacts and even conference attendance. In fact, I am meeting with a startup ultrasonic company here in my Illinois offices tomorrow in order to help them off the ground, at his suggestion, after the work I did to help ALL-TEST Pro get their company off the ground.

If you do make it, come see me at either the reliability and energy three part workshop on the 15th or my session on motor management at General Motors on the 18th.

Have you just retired and started a company? or leave another company to start this one? Solo or do you have a staff?

Howard