Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2008 2:13 PM by ITBrandy

Any Good Marketing Media for Web Designers?

RongDesign Adventurer

How is everyone?

Question for the successful web designers out there. What do you do to market your company. I am trying to market locally at the moment. I have the national audience and customers I want, but I would like to gain a little success in my local market.

Do you use newspapers, Lamar billboards, Phonebook? What is the best way to gain the attention of people who are not looking for you? Have you ever used TV spots?

Thanks in advance,

Dave Moore @

• Re: Any Good Marketing Media for Web Designers?
          JVCruz Adventurer
          Well, this is a good place to start. When you respond to a post (there are many about websites), leave your info as your signature.

You may want to take on 1 or 2 sites for free and work out a deal on featuring your listing with a link (just a thought). Build your portfolio in such a way to gain exposure, experience and referrals. Submit articles on networking sites or blogs (like your story on here "Your Way To Young To Hire). Always leaving a calling card.

Best of luck.

JV Cruz
            your_web_guy Adventurer
            personally i have found that networking is very effective... most chambers of commerce have networking groups and there are probably several others in your area which are independant as well... find one of those independant ones and offer to do their website for free. That way all of their members (who need websites too of course) will see your work :D
              ITBrandy Newbie
              I just signed up to Small Business Online Community and I came across some of your posts and then your website.
              I saw that you are looking to attract some local business for your website so I thought I would present to you a deal.
              I work on a search engine optimization services site located at
              We specialize in raising websites to the top of all major search engines. By being ranked on the top of search engines you could bring in more
              organic traffic and more organic traffic results in a lot more sales and ad clicks.
              We offer a variety of seo packages which can be found at
              You would get to pick your keywords and we would optimize your site to get it to the top of Google, yahoo, and msn. Since you are looking to bring in more local sales then we could pick a keyword such as that includes something related to the Harrisburg-Lancaster-York metropolitan areas and your service offered.
              Packages go at a monthly rate but it is not neccesary to make payments in full and all of our work is guaranteed with a legal contract which would be signed by you and me.
              At the end of every month we will send you a complete spreadsheet filled with the work done and your new search engine placements.
              Also if you purchase 3 months or more then we are offering a 5% discount on the first month.

Finally I can send you sample work to prove that we boost websites up in search engines.

Noah Glaser