Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2008 7:28 AM by duskis

On-line biz

duskis Wayfarer
      Hi:
      I am looking for some advice on what would vbe the requirements for setting up a small biz with me as the only employee selling accessories. I am looking to start out as "S" corp. What are the necessary steps to take? Thanks for your help
        • Re: On-line biz
          Archangel Adventurer
          First, get a customer, or at least know where you're going to get your customers. Setting up your S corp is not a problem, go to leagal zoom, or however you want to do it. Just remember to file your "intention" paperwork so the feds know you're planning on doing your taxes under subchapter S. There rest of it is just get customers and deliver what they want.

Nick
              duskis Wayfarer
              Hi,
              Thanks for your advice Nick...

I was recommended by a great account last year, so I am looking to work with him. In regards to a lawyer, I found one through SCORE seminar, I hope to see him soon and go over my ideas and plans.

Luckiest,
              Great memory, this business that I am working on is the same one. I had put it on hold so I could save up enough cash because, according to my bank BOA, they don't give loans to new businesses, it must be open for 2 or more years. So I want to know start from home and work my way up. I have been meeting with SCORE and we are now working on executing my plan.

Thanks, all for your help
              webmasters Adventurer
              Hello,
              My advice is to interview several really good accountants, ask lots of questions and ask for refferals. Also I would also ask if they know or network with any really good grant writers. Knowing a good accountant with good network is always a plus. One day you may have to rely on that very same network to advance your company to the next level. A lot of times friends do business with friends before strangers. So start with a good accountant.

I Wish You Much Success,
              -Webmaster
              http://www.siteprohosting.com
              24/7 Telephone Sales and Support.
                LUCKIEST Guide
                On-line biz, Hi again Go to Members page and tell us more.

Way back in Feb you asked about starting a business in N Y City. Did you ever open or start that business.??

Every person in business should have an Accountant, A Lawyer and maybe an Insurance Agent.

Did you ever check out SCORE?? SCORE is FREE and can help you succeed.

Good luck, LUCKIEST