Post a new topic
    9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2008 9:40 PM by webmasters

Curious Questions

Archangel Adventurer
      In an effort to get a handle on what I'm trying to do, I'm hoping some of you will help me out by answering a few questions. Thank you for your assitance.

Think about the last time you purchased computers for your business. What was the number one reason you chose the supplier you ended up purchasing from? What was the number two reason?

Now think about the next time you buy computers. What will be the number one criteria you'll look at in your decision making? What will be your number two criteria?

I'm sure I don't have to tell you the reason for these questions, but I'm finding it interesting that the answers are very different depending on who I ask, and how long ago they purchased business computers. It also seems to depend on who they purchased those computers from. I'm very interested to see what kind of answers I get from the diverse members of this forum.

Thanks...

Archangel
        • Re: Curious Questions
          webmasters Adventurer

*Think about the last time you purchased computers for your business.
          What was the number one reason you chose the supplier you ended up
          purchasing from? What was the number two reason?*

1) The vendor was always straight forward and honest.
          2) I called way more times than I can count and had not made a purchase but they always answered the phone and my questions.
          3) They offered FREE lifetime tech support and a FREE loaner machine for the length of repair service sent overnight or nextday UPS / FedEx and quick service turnaround time.

*Now think about the next time you buy computers. What will be the
          number one criteria you'll look at in your decision making? What will
          be your number two criteria?*

1) More bang for the buck.
          2) Will you honor your warranty.
          3) If I have a system problem will your company walk me through it and treat me with the same respect as a fortune 500 company that purchased 100 or more systems.
          4) Will your support team answer my questions after the warranty period.

"Hang in there Archangle I hope this helps."

Warm Regards,
          -Webmaster
          http://www.siteprohosting.com
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Archangel Adventurer
              Your number 3 answer to my first question is interesting. Lifetime tech support, free or otherwise, is counter productive. A Loaner machine? I offer 3 years warranty and on site tech support. If you have the computer beyond 3 years it's time to start looking at replacing or upgrading them. Computer life cycle is 3 years for most machines. With mine I could probably go 5, but then I'd have to raise the price considerably. Also, I operate locally, there is no turn around time. Me or my guy is going to show up at your place and fix it in an hour or two, maybe even less.

Your 4th answer to my second question goes back to the warranty term. We would probably answer your questions, but since the warranty is expired, we wouldn't be able to do much more. All in all that's some helpful information there, thanks!
              JVCruz Adventurer

Well, for me, I haven't purchased any computer yet for the business; unless you count this computer that I use for both personal and "business" at this time.

I purchase this computer from the company for these reasons:

1. History: I've used their computers before and purchased others. I know that they'll be around for a long time.
              2. Reliability: With my first purchase, I had no problems with my system.
              3. Customization & Price: I like that I can customize any system online and get the price there and then.
              It took a long time to purchase the 2nd computer -- mostly because I know that technology becomes out-dated quickly and
              prices go down. I really didn't need another computer, just wanted the upgrades.
              4. Customer Service: I never had a problem with being able to contact someone; their chat, email and phone options made it
              convenient for me to contact them; even though I may have only used it once or twice. It shows that they are there if I need
              them.

I do plan on purchasing a system for the business I plan on opening. My criteria for that would be: Price, Compatability with my needs (i.e. touch screen, register, accounting, scheduling, printing, etc.), Tech support (phone or on-site), and Customer Service. Having the ability to upgrade or to upgrade in the future with minimal cost and inconvenience would/may also be a factor.
              1 of 1 people found this helpful
                webmasters Adventurer
                Hello Archangle,

In saying " 3) They offered FREE lifetime tech support and a FREE loaner machine
                for the length of repair service sent overnight or nextday UPS / FedEx
                and quick service turnaround time."

Lifetime tech support = pucrhaser pays for insurance and shipping back to company.
                Depending on the problem pruchaser pays for parts. Labor is free for the life of the machine.
                Free loaner machine should not be a problem = send me your machine for service and when I receive your machine I will 2 day or over night ship you the loaner machine.
                Providing you can service the machine quickly FedEx and UPS is a excellant tool for shipping overnight "worldwide" and that would be a quick turnaround time.

Warm Regards,
                -Webmaster
                Siteprohosting.com
                http://www.siteprohosting.com
                  webmasters Adventurer
                  Hello Archangle,
                  "sorry for the misspelling in the previous reply here's the corrected version."

In saying " 3) They offered FREE lifetime tech support and a FREE loaner machine
                  for the length of repair service sent overnight or nextday UPS / FedEx
                  and quick service turnaround time."

Lifetime tech support = purchaser pays for insurance and shipping back to company.
                  Depending on the problem purchaser pays for parts. Labor is free for the life of the machine.
                  Free loaner machine should not be a problem = send me your machine for service and when I receive your machine I will 2 day or over night ship you the loaner machine.
                  Providing you can service the machine quickly FedEx and UPS is a excellent tool for shipping overnight "worldwide" and that would be a quick turnaround time.

I hope this helps.

Warm Regards,
                  -Webmaster
                  Siteprohosting.com
                      Archangel Adventurer
                      "Lifetime tech support = purchaser pays for insurance and shipping back to company.
                      Depending on the problem purchaser pays for parts. Labor is free for the life of the machine.
                      +Free loaner machine should not be a problem = send me your machine for
                      service and when I receive your machine I will 2 day or over night ship
                      you the loaner machine.+
                      +Providing you can service the machine quickly FedEx and UPS is a
                      excellent tool for shipping overnight "worldwide" and that would be a
                      quick turnaround time."+

This is a good deal? This is good customer service? So you're looking at a period of at least 2 to 3 days where you're without a computer. Then, you have to use the computer they send you as a loaner for God knows how long. How long were you on the phone arranging this? How long did it take you to get through to an actual person?

Would actual customer service not be a better model? What if your phone call was answered by a person who imediatly set about trying to help you? What if ten minutes into the phone call he said, "well, we're not going to get this fixed quickly over the phone, I'll be there in about half and hour?" What if two hours later he had been and gone and you were back to work getting things done? It seems to me this is a better model than shipping computers back and forth accross the country just to get them fixed. To me, that's insane. I wouldn't even have the nerve to ask a customer to put up with it.
                          webmasters Adventurer
                          Hello Archangel,

You mentioned,

"This is a good deal? This is good customer service? So you're looking at a period of at least 2 to 3 days where you're without a computer. Then, you have to use the computer they send you as a loaner for God knows how long. Answer: It depended on the problem

How long were you on the phone arranging this? Answer: After a little troubleshoot they knew if I had to send it in or not These guys were good

How long did it take you to get through to an actual person? Answer: Immediately people were spending at least 5 to 8k some even more per turnkey system.

Did not take long to arrange this Answer: No not at all.

Would actual customer service not be a better model? What if your phone call was answered by a person who immediately set about trying to help you? What if ten minutes into the phone call he said, "well, we're not going to get this fixed quickly over the phone, I'll be there in about half and hour?" What if two hours later he had been and gone and you were back to work getting things done? It seems to me this is a better model than shipping computers back and forth across the country just to get them fixed. To me, that's insane. I wouldn't even have the nerve to ask a customer to put up with it.

"Shipping computers will allow a company to be worldwide with a worldwide customer base which could possibly equate to your receiving worldwide brand recognition and more profit."

Warm Regards,
                          -Webmaster
                          Siteprohosting.com
                          Http://www.siteprohosting.com
                        puzzleman Tracker
                        What was the number one reason you chose the supplier you ended up purchasing from? What was the number two reason?

#1. I felt comfortable with the person as he explained everything that I wanted to know (and a little more). Came by shop to learn how I was going to use the machine and the enviroment the machine would operate in.
                        #2. He was able to make a computer to my exact needs, no extra things that I would never use.
                        #3. He installed it and made sure it was up and running properly and came back promptly when I had a problem with it.
                        #4. The price was fair.

Now think about the next time you buy computers. What will be the number one criteria you'll look at in your decision making? What will be your number two criteria?

#1. I feel that I would stay pretty true to the above reasons.

Jim

PS. I value customer service above price.
                            Archangel Adventurer
                            Puzzleman, thank you very much. You just pointed out exactly my business model. All business, no matter what it is, is in the same business: Customer Service! I've had some comments on my statement; "The best computers you've ever seen." In truth, the computer I build for you may not be the best computer for someone else, but for your business, for your needs, it will be the perfect computer, and yes, I WILL back it up with the best customer service and support you've ever had. That's a fact. I know it is becasue that is what I do. I build and sell computers, but really, I do customer service for a living. Always have, always will.

Archangel