Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2008 12:44 PM by DomainDiva

Looking to approach the right lawyers for my banking issues.

johnsongem Newbie
      <!--if gte mso 9><xml>
      Normal
      false
      false
      false
      MicrosoftInternetExplorer4
      </xml><!endif--><!--if gte mso 9><xml>
      </xml><!endif-->
      <!--if gte mso 10>
      <style>
      /* Style Definitions */
      table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}
      </style>
      <!endif-->

Hi
      everyone, I have been dealing with some serious issues with my bank and need to
      take this at a serious level. I was thinking on taking this on a legal way but feel
      that it is better if the things come down on a normal way. If I do opt to go
      for any legal steps ...... please give me suggestions to approach the right people
      for this.

• Re: Looking to approach the right lawyers for my banking issues.
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Looking to approach the right lawyers for my banking issues

Tell us more. WHO are you?? Where are you??

Have you looked in the Yellow Pages??

Good luck
            DomainDiva Ranger
            First of all, is it a BANK, regulated by the Federal Reserve or is it a THRIFT, regulated by Treasury? Start Googling. Always make the first approach with a bank through the regulators...they can make these institutions miserable...quickly. It also gives them no recourse against you or an excuse to start legal proceedings.

Once you determine who regulates the institution you can go online and access the consumer complaints section of each. Believe it or not, they are responsive. There are also phone numbers, email addresses and online complaint forms.

You can also complain to the Attorney General of your state for comsumer affairs.

Years ago when I was doing work for a corp in the UK and they would wire my money into my bank account...the intermediate bank as well as my bank would take a 20.00 charge and then my bank would take an additional 20.00 for receiving the foreign transaction. The Federal reserve put a stop to it and I actually got my money back...very quickly.

Example: Citibank is a bank, Washington Mutual is a thrift.

Good luck. Diva
              DomainDiva Ranger

The problems with your bank may stem from how their IT is set up. Banks tend to compartmentalize IT, making it difficult for one person to solve your problem.