Post a new topic
    8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2008 7:30 PM by bsimms

Affordable health insurance for small business?

Howard Adventurer

Can people please share with me what you do for health insurance? We don't have health insurance right now. After my wife quit her full time job last year, we also lost our health insurance benefits. I realize that this is not the smartest way to go. What are health insurance options? If we can't find an affordable solution, my wife may need to find a full time job that offers benefits.
        • Re: Affordable health insurance for small business?
          chefstacy Wayfarer
          Hi I am Chef Stacy in Arizona and my husband quit his full time job to help with the business so we were in the same boat. If you go to www.ehow.com it will bring up a site called How to Choose Health Insurance for a Small Business. Hope this helps. Good Luck

Chef Stacy
            Buisness Newbie

HI,

My name is LaShonda and I was at Bank of America the other day and they have some options that might be available to you. As might some other banks as well for Small Buisnesses.

I hope that helps. I am planning to quit my full-time job as well and I will be in the same boat. But, I want my time independence and buisness sucess to bad not to.

LaShonda
              TLRInsnAcc Wayfarer
              I would like to be of help if I can. I have some options for health and other types of coverage; please feel free to review my website as we provide insurance and employee benefits for groups and indivduals.

Then afterward please feel free to contact us should you have any additional questions.

Tracy Roberts, President
              TLR Insurance, Inc.
              www.tlrinurance.com
                thedieu Newbie
                That should be pretty easy and we can help you guys out with that. Whether your looking for an HMO, PPO or something more "creative" like an HSA (Healthcare Savings Account). The good news is that for small business group insurance Aetna seems to have the best rates in the San Diego area. We can walk you through all those plans and narrow it down to the top three plans that are the best fit for you. So just email me at lthedieul@hotmail.com, I'm positive that we'll be able to help you guys out here.
                  Howard Adventurer
                  Thanks for the replies. I will check the suggestions out this weekend.
                    Mollie Newbie
                    After four years in business and working for a large corp. for 15 years this is what I have experienced:
                    Private insurance companies can raise your prem. based on your age and health. This may cause of many insurance company changes due to rising cost. Did you know that the govenor said a bill allowing small business of one or more employees to signup with the same insurance groups that gov. workers are signed up with. There are several policy and optiions you may sign up for after you have been without insurance for six months. Although the rates may increase they go up as a group and not based on your personal health. For the past nine months or so there has been a freeze on membership, but I believe within the next month or so they will accept more members. Check out Health Care Group of Arizona @ www.hcgaz.com
                    1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      rlucisano Newbie
                      Finding affordable coverage starts with what you need, IF your like most people, your healthy. You may want to consider a high deductible qualifed Health Saings Plan policy. This would give you a low premium and cover you for the last risk. You pay the samll bills with tax free dollars when you establish a Health Savings Account. For more information you can go to www.hsabank.com and get info on HSA plans and bank info. Hopefully this helps you. Hopefully you live in a state where this is available

Bob Lucisano
                      1 of 1 people found this helpful
                        bsimms Newbie
                        Many people do take on a job to aquire health insurance. You should have had the option to get continuing heelth insurance when the job ended, but that time has long passed. Over 28,000,000 milion American's are opting for the Consumer Driven Health Care option.

Discount Medical Plan Providers are offering an alternative to the high cost of health insurance. One such company, AmeriPlan USA out of TX provides a full discount dental and health package for less than $60 a month. I have used AmeriPlan since I left my US Postal Service job in 2003. Our family has save thousands with AmeriPlan.

See: http://www.connectingbenefits.com