Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2008 3:17 PM by burlebaby

Need startup funds for a much needed business

burlebaby Newbie

I have an idea and the beginning of a Business Plan for a much needed business in the community. I have taught GED Prep classes to troubled teens and disadvantaged adults. Although they need to learn the English and Math, it is the technology and computer courses that the companies and businesses need them to know for them to make successful employees. For this reason and because I love to teach, I would like to open a Computer Tutor Center in my community.

I am unsure of regulations that may be placed on this type enterprise. But I do have a Bachelor's Degree and am currently working on my Masters of Science in Training and Development. I am also registered to take the TExES test for Business Education, so I will be State Certified as a teacher. I am a member of

The Texas Business and Technology Educators Association and the National Business Education Association, which includes $250,000.00 Professional Liability Insurance.

My business plan is a good one but I don't have the financial information included, as I have yet to research locations and costs. If interested, I will email the plan and maybe together we can weed through the financial end of it. Thanks in advance for all help!
        • Re: Need startup funds for a much needed business
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Need startup funds for a much needed business, Welcome

I am a SCORE Counselor and would be happy to mentor you, help, and read your Business Plan.
          Then help with the cost figures. My email address is "pdeig@jino.com"
          You do know about SCORE?? SCORE is FREE both in person and online.

From what you wrote, you are a teacher from Texas. How soon do you plan on opening this
          Computer Tutor Center?? Do you have a Business Name in mind??

Good luck, LUCKIEST
          1 of 1 people found this helpful