This discussion is locked
Post a new topic
5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2008 4:16 PM by Bigfunder RSS

Equity Capital Needed for Restaurant Start-Up

SliceofLife32 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I have a great opportunity to open up the only restaurant in a medium-sized rural town. The building I am looking to purchase has a restaurant on the first floor and three apartments on the second. There has been no restaurant in operation for two years (because of owner problems - not lack of business) and the apartments are rented. There are several larger businesses in this town and surrounding communities. Many of these surrounding towns have no restaurants either.

I have a business plan, my start-up costs and projections done. I have also been pre-approved for a loan. However, my obstacle is that I need 10% of the real estate purchase price to complete my dream. I have sought out investors with no luck. I have also sought lenders who will do 100% financing, but they all have minimum loan amounts which are higher than what I am seeking.

I am needing start up capital in the amount of $27,000. Would be willing to pay back monthly or as a short-term investment. Terms are negotiable. I have been working on this business opportunity for a year and I am ready to walk in the doors and start my restaurant as soon as I can obtain this start up money.

I have read many posts on here and I can say I have used the SCORE counselors, have been in contact with the SBA, Rural Development Department in my area, and town council. Again, the only thing I need is an investor to help me realize my dream.

Only serious replies please. I do not need a counselor or someone who will charge me for their service. If I had money to pay your fee, I would not need an investor. Thank you for any ideas or suggestions.
  • Re: Equity Capital Needed for Restaurant Start-Up
    LUCKIEST Master
    Equity Capital Needed for Restaurant Start-Up, Welcome and good luck.

It would be helpful to know more about you, Your background and where you are located.

Good luck, LUCKIEST
      SliceofLife32 Newbie

My credit score is 672. As stated in my original post, I have nothing against me in getting a loan other than the required money down.

I live in Ohio and have worked or managed a restaurant since I was 16 up until the past 4 years. I did open and operate a small diner in this same home town 4 years ago, however, shortly after I opened I had major disputes with the landlord over several issues and decided to end my contract with him. (this is no longer a restaurant)

Prosper.com is only for a three year unsecured loan. You cannot use borrowed funds from a lender for your start up capital.
    PiperE Newbie
    SOL32,

And your credit score? That isn't much money, $27,000. I have one product that might help, it is a business line of credit for those who do not yet have the business set up. But it takes 3 months or so to actually start getting the credit.

I know! Go to Prosper.com. It is a peer-to-peer loan site. Get your story out there, they will eat this up. You could get your funds very quickly. Unless you have a family member with the cash, or a home equity line of credit, Prosper.com woud be the next best thing.

Good luck to you!
    Paula
    rayazcui Newbie
    Hello,

I provide business and persoanl lines of credit that can help you obtain the funds you need. You can contact me 718 484-3592 or 347 859-5087 if you serious about getting funds

Thank You

Ray Azcui

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 100 points
  • Helpful Answers - 100 points