Post a new topic
    9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2008 11:16 PM by jippidy

video promotion for websites?

PhilippKnoll Wayfarer
      Has anyone here had any experience in video promoting a website. If so, please let me know how it worked for you.
      I am currently doing some field research for a series of articles I started to write for my blog at

Having studied camera techniques at university I plan to give tips on how to get good results when recording a promotional video to share at platforms such as YouTube or to be published on your own website.

I would like to enclose the facts and figures I can come up with by your feedback into my next articles.

I am hoping for your support,
      Philipp Knoll

Win a business website by subscribing to my RSS FEED by email at my website
        • Re: video promotion for websites?
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Video promotion for websites?? Welcome

Tell us more. Go to Members page and share some info. Who are you?? Where are you?? What University??

Have you developed a Business and Marketing Plan??

Good luck, LUCKIEST

snipperred Scout

Hi there Philipp,

Go ahead and check your private e-mail. I just sent you a link to my BETA under construction. It's full of vidoes and I am happy to contribute to your study. I only ask that you respect a few guidelines I include in my message.

I've been doing tons of R&D for my own concept and can probably direct you to some additional resources along the same lines if you are interested. I can appreciate your approach so am happy to meet you. Please let me know if you do not receive my message.

Good luck!

jippidy Newbie
              Hey I'd be more than happy to help you out and I think I could really provide some good content for your article. I just launched a small business video yellow pages startup ( Take a look I think you'll notice the synergies. Let me know if you're interested.

rsinkovic Newbie
                I don't know if this is what your looking for, but check out the video I did to promote a restaurant start up
                    PhilippKnoll Wayfarer
                    Hallo rsinkovic,

Thank you very much for your reply! I really appreciate the effort people at this forum are taking to provide help for others!

Please allow me to get back to you in a couple of days. I need to work on a little something but will not forget about you!

Thank you very much in advance!
                    Philipp Knoll
                    NatOnline Tracker
                    Video promotion for websites? How do you expect to rank on search engines?

The only way to rank is by title, which is very limited for SEO purposes. Articles will give better results.
                        PhilippKnoll Wayfarer
                        The kind of promotion I have in mind takes place on two levels:

The promotion videos can be published on public plattform (YouTube etc.) to draw attention to what you do. If done right you can make peolpe curiouse about your project.

Promotion does not stop once you managed to get peolpe to visit your site. Only now you are not promoting you site (you have already succeeded in doing this) but you now promote your project, offer, product etc.

I am aware that the video content will not help much as far as SEO is concerned. Promotion for humans instead of computers is what I meant.

Does that answer your question and make sense to you?
                        Thank you for your reply!
                        Best wishes,
                        Philipp Knoll