Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2008 9:47 AM by 2009goal

Need capital for baby and maternity store...

2009goal Newbie
      I am currently a furniture retailer that wants to take my knowledge of the retail business and put it into something I believe I could spend the rest of my life doing. I am taking a class to get my business plan going so I can take the next step and find Capital to ge the business off the ground. I don't have the best credit, but I have more than enough experience and skill to open and drive my business to be a very profitable one. I believe there is a need for this type of store in my area and I am determined to make it happen. There are only about 2 boutiques in my area which are extremely expensive and then you have the department stores or big boxes like Target and Wal-mart. I want to create a store that will fit to the everyday mom, with praticality, convenience, and affordability. I am looking for help in gaining capital, and help to figure out how much I need. I have calculated a comfortable $150,000. Any advice on where to go and who to talk to about this, especially with my credit?
        • Re: Need capital for baby and maternity store...
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Need capital for baby and maternity store...Welcome

Tell me more. Who are you?? Where are you?? How do I get in touch with you??

How soon to you plan on starting?? Do you have a Business Name??

There are a lot of posts (on this site) offering credit options.

Do you know about SCORE?? SCORE is FREE and can help both in person or online.

Good luck, LUCKIEST
            • Re: Need capital for baby and maternity store...
              2009goal Newbie
              I think I will go to SCORE to see what I can learn there. My goal is sometime in 2009. If you could help in my venture please call me at 803-309-8225. I would rather talk over the phone about my information. Recently someone in a different city opened a similar store with our name we were wanting to use, so I am wiery about posting anything with the name of the store on it, just in case someone is watching. I think our idea is so good for this city their is sure to be someone reading this blog. Thanks alot...Kris