Post a new topic
    1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 17, 2008 12:02 PM by snipperred

The stock market

Bluesuit Adventurer

Each time I check the stock market, I count up my losses. Just wondering if anyone is turning this into an opportunity to pick up undervalued/low cost stocks right now?
        • Re: The stock market
          snipperred Scout
          Hi there,

Nice question. I've always had an interest in investment banking.

My answer is no- but...I think expectations for better or worse are highly inflated right now and represent a great market opportunity to buy long-term durable investments below market value and sell over-rated stocks high.

I am willing to suggest what we are seeing is a fundamental shift in the nature of investment and the stock market. The near constant introduction of new technologies, applications, and organizational practices- along with the internet and globalizing competition- are increasing the rate, volume, dynamics, and corresponding uncertainties of economic transformation geometrically. I bet a majority of people in the stock market are still looking for the security of stabilization. However, if I am right, then it is only a matter of time before people start to realize and adapt their investment practices to an environment of constant change. Rather than looking at the issues we are facing as an economic crisis, we could be seeing the dawn before an entirely new kind of boom in opportunities that are simply different in nature than what we have become accustomed to over the last 80 years.