Post a new topic
    8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2008 2:54 PM by MikeDrea

Quickbooks vs MS Office Accounting

b2btech Wayfarer
      I have been a hardcore Quickbooks user for years. But when I got a new computer with Windows Vista my 2006 Quickbooks no longer would run. And I had just bought the 2006 version about 6 months ago. Just my luck!! Well I did not want to pay $200 bucks for the 2007 upgrade and then I found out that MS Accounting Express 20008 is totally free. I have been using it for about two months now and I really like it. It seems to be just as good or better as QB 2006 not to mention flawless integration with MS office. For my simple business MS Accounting Express 2008 works great. Has anyone else made the switch from Quickbooks to MS Accounting? If so what is your opinion?
        • Re: Quickbooks vs MS Office Accounting
          amspcs Ranger
          I believe you are correct, the switch to Vista made certain QB products obsolete. You'd think a big company like Intuit would overcome this, but that's not the case amazingly.

One small ray of light....if one applies for and is accepted for a QB merchant processing account through many affiliate sites (but interestingly NOT via the QB direct site) they can get freebie QB 2008 software that does work with Vista. So IF anybody out there just lost the functionalityi of their QB software by upgrading to Vista AND has use for well priced merchant processing account, review the plan and apply online here:

• Re: Quickbooks vs MS Office Accounting
            A_Ellicott Adventurer
            I've been using Quickbooks for years and have hated it almost the entire time, so I'm very interested in switching.

Did you import your old QB data into MS Accounting Express? If so, how did that go? That's one thing that has kept me from switching is the pain of importing the old data, if it can even be done, QB is not good about sharing.